Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Middle finger   Meee   Metz   Middle finger   Metz  
 Member  Message

Middle finger
View Profile

My scorpion leg stuck,

why my scop front leg above his pedipal. it make my scop had trouble crawling? pls help me. should i cut his leg?

08/06/06  08:10am

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Middle finger   In reference to Message Id: 925751

My scorpion leg stuck,

do NOT cut the leg, scorpions have an open circulatory system and will bleed to death if you cut it even the slightest bit wrong. what species is it? if it isnt very potent try to carefully help the scorpion get its leg unstuck.

08/06/06  02:44pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 926083

My scorpion leg stuck,

What is the leg stuck in? Generally you can just move the object enough for the scorpion to free its self. Also, just so you, scorpions will get themselves into places that will appear like they’re stuck. One of my P. imperator do it all the time. It wedges its self between the tank and the water dish but it always manages to get out.
But yes, as Meee said, do not cut the leg. Try and gently free the leg without pulling on it as scorpions are not quite like tarantulas and injuries, even to the legs, tend to bleed more.

08/06/06  04:32pm

Middle finger
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 926083

My scorpion leg stuck,

thanks man, my scorp is Heterometrus spinifer(female). i thought it will grow again, if i cut it leg. my scorp soon will give birth. when scorps want to give birth it will form like busket right. i think she gonna had problemo,,,,.

08/07/06  06:56am

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Middle finger   In reference to Message Id: 927218

My scorpion leg stuck,

It sounds like you’re getting scorpions and spiders confused. While it is *possible* for a scorpion to regenerate a lost appendage, they do not regenerate like spiders do. With an adult scorpion, it is unlikely that any severed appendage will regenerate.
Also, no, scorpions do not make bowls or baskets when they are ready to give birth. The scorplings simply exit the mother’s body and climb on her back.

08/07/06  11:10pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area