Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

A.k.   Meee   A.k.   Meee   Metz   Joe blow   Meee   ReptileMan27  
 Member  Message

A.k.
View Profile

Death stalker

i was planning on gettin a death stalker scorpion any one have experience with these or info on them??

08/04/06  09:31pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: A.k.   In reference to Message Id: 923623

Death stalker

yes. what experience have you had with scorpions? my guess is you are nowhere near ready, but since i have never heard of you before, i cant make that judgment very strongly. i hope i am wrong if you are considering this as a pet since a sting will most likely kill you.

08/05/06  01:43am

A.k.
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 923989

Death stalker

thanks for all that info. i obviously no that their extremly venomous. the name kind of gives it away. anyone ELSE who actually knows stuff about these please tell me. thanks

08/05/06  06:57pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: A.k.   In reference to Message Id: 924910

Death stalker

i do know about them. its just that i was making complete sure that you were buying it from like a pet store. i saw one in a pet store labeled as a good beginner and one labeled as a desert hairy. what would you like to know? habitat, temperament, everything we know about them? although that i did kind of deserve the sarcastic remark, you would believe how necessary that is, some people have actually bought it as a first scorpion and asked about it after they had bought it.

08/05/06  07:38pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 924964

Death stalker

Well, seeing as how youíre coming here, posting on one of the single most lethal scorpions in the hobby, are not even using its proper name and are asking to know about them....that tells me that you are *not* ready for one and that your reason(s) for wanting one may be suspicious as well, considering you only know they are "dangerous" by their common name. Now granted, thatís complete assumption, but, combined with your last post and the attitude contained in it....I think if you want information and personal accounts on this scorpion, youíd better go join some larger forums like Venom List, Arachnoboards and the ATS and actually *learn* about them before you come here looking for those of us who have them, are experienced with them and seeking an account of whether or not you should get one.

Sorry to be mean but asking about an L.Q is *not* some minor matter. You canít just go from a P. imperator and jump to an L.Q.

08/05/06  09:31pm

Joe blow
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 925137

Death stalker

METZ! GEEZ he jsut wanted to know about them maybe he didnt think any one would respond to there "SCIENTIFIC NAME"

08/22/06  11:09pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Joe blow   In reference to Message Id: 952436

Death stalker

...wow. ok, first of all, you are supposed to use the scientific name since many animals have more than one common name. second, he obviously wasnt ready, not only was he an , if you are ready for an lq you know how to look up information and instead of asking

Quote:

any one have experience with these or info on them??

he should have asked us to clarify information.

08/22/06  11:47pm

ReptileMan27
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 952540

Death stalker

L.Q is the most deadly scorp drop for drop, other scorps like A. australis give more venom but the venom although considered deadly is not as deadly drop for drop as L.Q venom. These are by no means for begginers, to many people want them because they think its cool to own something that is the most deadly. I have one and also a care sheet but your really need to get more experience keeping other less hot scorps and working your way up before considering L.Q.

09/06/06  03:18pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area