Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Somekrazywhiteboy   Somekrazywhiteboy   Meee   Somekrazywhiteboy   Somekrazywhiteboy   Somekrazywhiteboy   Metz   Somekrazywhiteboy   Metz  
 Member  Message

Somekrazywhiteboy
View Profile

Vaejovis paysonensis

Does anybody know anything about this species, i checked the internet but couldnt find anything really, so any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

08/02/06  11:52pm

Somekrazywhiteboy
View Profile

Message To: Somekrazywhiteboy   In reference to Message Id: 920093

Vaejovis paysonensis

also, any info on the Diplocentrus spitzeri would be greatly appreciated.

08/02/06  11:59pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Somekrazywhiteboy   In reference to Message Id: 920104

Vaejovis paysonensis

are you planing on keeping them as pets or just want to know about them?

08/03/06  01:02pm

Somekrazywhiteboy
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 920664

Vaejovis paysonensis

Im not sure yet, thats why i want to know about them.

08/03/06  06:37pm

Somekrazywhiteboy
View Profile

Message To: Somekrazywhiteboy   In reference to Message Id: 921378

Vaejovis paysonensis

i searched the web and couldnt find anything except prices. No info. Any posts from someone w/ previous experience with either specie would be greatly appreciated.

08/04/06  01:58am

Somekrazywhiteboy
View Profile

Message To: Somekrazywhiteboy   In reference to Message Id: 922183

Vaejovis paysonensis

i dont even know their common names, so even they would be appreciated.

08/04/06  02:21am

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Somekrazywhiteboy   In reference to Message Id: 920104

Vaejovis paysonensis

Hereís one site that you might find some info on them. VAEJOVIDAE
As for the other one, Iíll get a hold of one of my friends, he has one. Iíll get some info from him.

08/04/06  02:52am

Somekrazywhiteboy
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 922235

Vaejovis paysonensis

That link is better than anythng tha i have found, but it does not cover individual species and, therefore, does not really do a good job of answering my questions which are: can i keep them with my pandinus imperator, how potent is their venom, will their sting harm me much worse than my emperor, how much space do they need, will they eat the same size crickets as my emperor, how often should they be fed, what temp and humidity do they need, and are they docile or aggressive? The same questions apply for the other(diplocentrus spitzeri)

08/04/06  09:54pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Somekrazywhiteboy   In reference to Message Id: 923654

Vaejovis paysonensis

The only way(s) youíre going to find out that information is to join some invertebrate forums and learn about scorpions in *general* and get yourself some books. Your questions are extreamly basic and are easily answered if one takes the time to join some forums such as Venom List and Arachnoboards and starts reading and learning about scorpions as whole. While yes, we donít mind answering questions, these are the most basic of questions regarding *all* general scorpion care and, to be honest, it gets old answering the same questions over and over and doing everyoneís homework for them because they donít take the time to dig, read and learn.

Just FYI, you can not keep *any* two different species together. Also, the genus in general covers *all* the general species within that genus. IE, *all* Pandinus species have a mild venom, it does not matter if it is an imperator or a cavimanus.

08/05/06  09:39pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area