Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Somekrazywhiteboy   Dirty joe dirt   Bugman Dave   Somekrazywhiteboy   Meee   Somekrazywhiteboy   Meee  
 Member  Message

Somekrazywhiteboy
View Profile

Experienced scorp owners look here

i just got a new scorp today and have been reading about them for maybe 3 weeks. everything i have read online was a bit different. I would appreciate it if some experienced people could give me a few tips on how to raise a healthy emperor scorpion.

07/25/06  08:11pm

Dirty joe dirt
View Profile

Message To: Somekrazywhiteboy   In reference to Message Id: 905278

FIRST U NEED AT LEAST A TEN GALLON TANK OR MORE. THE TEMP SHOULD BE ABOUT 75 TO 83F WAT KIND OF SCORP IS IT. I CANT SAY UNTIL I NO MORE

08/06/06  09:18pm

Bugman Dave
View Profile

Message To: Somekrazywhiteboy   In reference to Message Id: 905278

Hey somekrazywhite boy...email me at and Iíll give you any and all information you can use on Black Emperors.

08/12/06  09:06am

Somekrazywhiteboy
View Profile

Message To: Bugman Dave   In reference to Message Id: 935889

Thanks bugman dave good looking out, but your e-mail address doesnt show up. you have to put spaces in between all the letters of it. thanks

08/14/06  11:58pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Somekrazywhiteboy   In reference to Message Id: 940163

for an emperor, you will want about 5 inches of peat moss, a shallow water dish, and of course, the hide. you will want a temp and humidity both around 80, during moulting, you will want to increase this slightly. you will want to put the heat pad on the SIDE of the enclosure. scorpions dig to avoid heat, so if you put it under the cage you could cook the scorpion. if you have trouble keeping the humidity up, you will want to cover half the cage top with suran wrap.

08/15/06  01:53am

Somekrazywhiteboy
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 940299

could i feed it crickets that i catch wild, because i could save money by paying a kid that i know to catch them for me, because they keep dying, and i am losing $, and if i shouldnt feed it wild crix, how could i keep the store bought ones alive longer?

08/15/06  02:36am

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Somekrazywhiteboy   In reference to Message Id: 940342

the problem with with wc is that they could have pesticides. try buying mediums. they will last longer and could mate when they age.

08/15/06  08:25pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area