Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

S.a.f   Meee   S.a.f   Meee   S.a.f   Meee   S.a.f   Meee   Alter_Bridge_Fan   Metz   S.a.f   S.a.f   Meee   Metz   Meee   Metz   Meee  
 Member  Message

S.a.f
View Profile

H. arizonesis, kind of set up for a H. arizonesis

i what may first scorpion to be a H. arizonesis and i know they are form the desert but i was wondering if so body or some bodys with a H. arizonesis can post some pics of there encolsers for a H. arizonesis that would be cool,and what i would need for a H. arizonesis ,and what kind of care it needs.

07/03/06  10:21pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: S.a.f   In reference to Message Id: 865434

dont expect hand outs. why dont you tell us what you know about them and we can help you from there.

07/03/06  10:43pm

S.a.f
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 865478

ok there form the desert.

07/04/06  03:39pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: S.a.f   In reference to Message Id: 866438

...ok, (sorry if i sounded a bit rude before) by what you would need do you mean for cage decorations, substrate, food?

07/04/06  06:19pm

S.a.f
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 866642

ya

07/05/06  05:43pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: S.a.f   In reference to Message Id: 868180

so all of them? for food you will want crickets as a staple, the size of the scorp and crix and how often you feed it will effect how many you feed it. you should feed it once a week. since this is your first scorp, to get a feel for how much you should feed it, i would feed it one cric at a time until it stops eating. now i am not a big fan of desert scorps so i cant tell you how much you will want to feed it. this species *can* be aggressive but wont kill you if it stings you. this species, from what i have heard, loves to burrow, so you will want a good 6-7 inches of sand. you will want temps of around 80 and humidity in the high 50s maybe low 60s. i have never kept this species so i would pm metz to double check.

07/05/06  06:41pm

S.a.f
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 868291

thanks this is really going to help me out what was your first scorpion.

07/06/06  02:14am

Meee
View Profile

Message To: S.a.f   In reference to Message Id: 869080

Ophistothalmus walberghi

(google it)

07/06/06  05:46pm

Alter_Bridge_Fan
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 869996

Quote:

Ophistothalmus walberghi

Good lord you’re lucky. Those are in my top 5 favorite scorpions. They’re friggin gorgeous!!

07/06/06  07:51pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Alter_Bridge_Fan   In reference to Message Id: 870202

Quote:

Ophistothalmus walberghi

That’s it, I officially hate you Meee. Ophistothalmus are one of my favorite genus and sooooooo hard to find in the states!
Ok, back to the original topic. Meee pretty much covered it for this species. The only things I will add is to only offer a water dish for one week each month. Also, as for food, you want the prey to be about 1/3 the length of the scorpion’s body, *not* including tail. Yes, this species can be a bit more fiesty than some so mind your fingers. Desert hairy is a great little scorp and relitavely easy to care for. You will want to make sure that you *do not* moisten the sand and make sure that you use appropriate reptile type sand. Scorpions, especially desert species can devlop mycosis very quickly, for which there is no cure, so, make sure the sand stays dry and, if in the event that the water dish gets knocked over while it is in there, remove as much of the wet sand as you can and replace it with fresh, dry sand. However, that being said, what you *DO* want to do is to moisten the sand and let it dry completly in the designated container that you are going to use *before* you put the scorpion in. Wetting the sand then letting it dry hardens the sand somewhat, thus rendering it more suitable for burrowing in.
Provide a couple hides for them to pick and choose from as scorpions tend to like to wonder a bit at night.
Here’s a care sheet on this species (as well as a lot of other species as well )Scorpion Care

07/06/06  09:16pm

S.a.f
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 870355

wow that is a cool scor you guys were talking about.

07/06/06  11:54pm

S.a.f
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 870355

wow that is a cool scorp you guys were talking about.

07/06/06  11:55pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: S.a.f   In reference to Message Id: 870699

hey, its not a walberghi , but krazy8s does have an ophistothalmus for sale Link

07/12/06  12:21am

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 879487

You’re EVIL Meee.
We are, at the moment, focusing our money on other, non invert related things and thus, invert buying has been put on the back burner.

07/12/06  01:38am

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 879606

o. hope that gets solved so the inverts can find a metz looking down at them in the middle of the night.

07/12/06  06:12pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 880672

Well, it’s by choice. There are some things that we’ve been wanting and meaning to do for quite a while that have taken a back burner so we’ve opted to put the inverts on hold for the moment (and in light of a bunch of newly hatched s’lings) to venture into some of the other things we’ve been wanting to do/get.

07/13/06  12:02am

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 881347

ah, well then ill have to get it. only $12 too! anyway, i hope you have a good time with what ever would steer you and your husband away from an ophistothalmus

07/13/06  01:45am

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area