Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Joe blow   Joe blow   Meee   Joe blow   Meee   Metz   Joe blow   Meee   Metz   Howasaur   Joe blow   Meee   Joe blow  
 Member  Message

Joe blow
View Profile

Redclaw scorp

hey i want to post some pics of ma red claw but have no Fíing clue how any help?

07/01/06  11:58pm

Joe blow
View Profile

Message To: Joe blow   In reference to Message Id: 862384

Redclaw scorp

can any one see that pic?

well ma redclaw has a very healthy apitite this cow would heat 25 crickets if i allowed him to... well i did once and he ate like all 25 ahaha any ways i have him in a 30 gallon tank its a perfect square and its tall soo its not like really really big in the bottom its just tall ahah well i feed him by hand and im worried he cant find the crickets in his cage soo any healp or tips?

07/02/06  12:00am

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Joe blow   In reference to Message Id: 862388

Redclaw scorp

post a pic. what are your temps/humidity?

07/02/06  02:14am

Joe blow
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 862505

Redclaw scorp

well i did post a pic on the first forum can you see it?

my temp is ussually around 71 - 85 F
and ma humitity is around 60 - 70 but i have a fogger that greatly increases the humitity and i have a water fall in there also

07/02/06  04:30pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Joe blow   In reference to Message Id: 863267

Redclaw scorp

i meant post a pic of the cage. that humidity is to low, put some suran wrap over half the cage and maybe add a live plant to help keep humidity up.

07/02/06  09:36pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 863737

Redclaw scorp

Oh goodness Joe, you really need to learn how to care for scorpions. Foggers are NOT good for scorpions. Take that stupid thing out and set up the container properly so the scorpion gets the right amount of humidity. Oh and BTW, for a scorpion that small, your tank is WAY too big. Hand feeding.....are you trying to impress us or are you just so full of it that your eyes are brown.
Sorry man, but I have very little patience for ignorance and arrogence mixed with a load of BS any more.
Learn about how to PROPERLY care for scorpions....for the scorpionís sake.

07/02/06  11:09pm

Joe blow
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 863927

Redclaw scorp

WHOA Mets that was alittle un-called for geezz and yes i do feed him by hand and sorrrrryy!! for not knowing that foggers are bad for them i bought it at a pet shop soo excuse me for not being an absolut expert!
and how bout instead of freaking out and telling me to learn more why donbt you tell me what the doís and the dontís are!

07/03/06  07:25pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Joe blow   In reference to Message Id: 865195

Redclaw scorp

did you even read it? she told you what you were doing wrong and what to do to make it right and she also stated that she was impatient at the time

07/03/06  07:49pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 865239

Redclaw scorp

Actually what I said was that I have no patience for ignorance and arrogance and Iím that way all the time.
Joe, the reason that I jumped on you is because you have shown no effort whatsoever to learn how to properly care for your scorpion and you have had it for a while. The only time you post is when you are showing off or bragging about some less than smart thing you are doing with your scorpion and you give "advice" and "suggestions" based on that ignorance and lack of knowledge and respect for invertebrates.
Buying an animal or accessories at a pet store is *not* an excuse for ignorance and lack of education about what is appropriate for a particular animal. In additon, the vast majority of pet store employees are completely clueless as to how to *properly* care for exotic animals of any sort. If that were the case then I would know nothing about one of my G. rosea and Avicularia that I have because I got them from a pet store and they would all be swimming in a salt water tank with sunken sail boats and basking lights. As well, I would be going around telling everyone that G. rosea are "viscious" and "deadly" because *that* my dear boy, is what the "educated" pet store employee told me when I bought my G. rosea. LMAO
Knowledge is power and can provide your animals with a happy, healthy life. The lack of knowledge can result in a shortened life span due to improper conditions and a stressed out animal.

Quote:

and how bout instead of freaking out and telling me to learn more why donbt you tell me what the doís and the dontís are!

I canít do that because you hardly ever post and when you do, you do not *ask* if you are doing things right, all you do is brag about silly things that will further the ignorance of new keepers who will think it is ok to handle scorpions, hand feed them and use foggers for humidity.
If you *ask* then we can tell you and you will learn, otherwise, our hands are tied because we can not read your mind and are left with only correcting your statements, suggestions and advice so others are not misguided and given wrong advice.

07/03/06  09:09pm

Howasaur
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 865338

Redclaw scorp

dude, the best way to keep humidity in a tank that is also easy on the pocket, is to like you were told put something over top of half of your tank...a ten gallon is more than adequte for one red claw, and then go the fish store and buy yourself a SMALL!!!fish tank heater...one that will fit in a big glass mug...fill that big mug with water, and ALWAYS keep it full(or the heater will shatter), plug it in and you will have perfect measured humidity, it has worked perfectly for me several times, then all you do is adjust the temp on the heater accordingly...fog on the glass is too much and so on. i swear by this method as do several of my friends trust me, as long as you adjust it, and keep it full of water you will be laughing...BE WARNED scorpions can climb to a small extent..i HIGHLY reccomend a piece of screen over the top of the mug to avoid an accidental drowning if i can find some pics of one set up i will post it for you...good luck

07/03/06  09:20pm

Joe blow
View Profile

Message To: Howasaur   In reference to Message Id: 865355

Redclaw scorp

ok fine i have a few questions then
why arent foggers good for scorps? (i took it out of the cage already)

i have an under heater meant for forest animals is this ok? (the temp is ussuallt around 75 -85 F)

why dont you recommend picking up scorps? (i have had no troble in doing so)

07/05/06  01:45pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Joe blow   In reference to Message Id: 867785

Redclaw scorp

the temps are fine and it is not recommended to pic up a scorp because it is extremely stressful on them. imagine you were picked up by something 5,456,423,456,464x your size.

07/05/06  06:45pm

Joe blow
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 868297

Redclaw scorp

yea i know but he doesnt seem to mind much anymore and they think your hand is the ground soo i dont really see how they get stressed but i know where your commin from

07/06/06  02:38am

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area