Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Lilperez   Meee   Lilperez   Meee   Lilperez   Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee   Alter_Bridge_Fan   Meee   Metz   Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee   Lilperez   Meee   Lilperez   Metz  
 Member  Message

Lilperez
View Profile

Mateing/breeding

I have one female emp. Iím going to get a male. Hoe can I get them to mate/breed.

06/24/06  08:11pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Lilperez   In reference to Message Id: 849739

Mateing/breeding

personally, i would hold off on the breeding, wait until you are a bit more experienced, plus, what are you going to do with all the babies? do you know how to make sure the mother and father dont eat the babies? if you really want to know, if the male finds a flat enough surface he will lay some sperm there and the female will walk over it and impregnate herself, for you, i would separate them because if you are just buying the male as a sex slave it would kind of be a shame if the female ate him.

06/25/06  03:22pm

Lilperez
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 850848

Mateing/breeding

meee i had my emp for about 4 months. i had a male but he died. iím getting a male in a few days should i put them together or wait a while and let them get use to each other.

06/25/06  04:59pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Lilperez   In reference to Message Id: 850950

Mateing/breeding

in my experience, emps dont really get used to each other, they see the other as a threat, food, or just there. i dont really like keeping any animals together unless they are social, metz would have more experience with that kind of thing

06/26/06  02:05am

Lilperez
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 851839

Mateing/breeding

Metz so should i put the male in with the female to dreed.

06/26/06  03:53pm

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
View Profile

Message To: Lilperez   In reference to Message Id: 852556

Mateing/breeding

k u put slate in the tank w/the female and male and the male deposits a drop of sperm then grabs the female and drags her over it then u take the male out and laeve in extra prey for the babies or mom will eat em plus after the first molt and/or after there off moms back seperate EVERY THING. for one RESEARCH u are not experienced and should NOT breed these animals!!!!!!! y do u want to breed its not a reel money maker and ANYTHING could go wrong and did u change the sand into peat moss yet? or does pretty come befoe safely???

06/26/06  10:55pm

Alter_Bridge_Fan
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 850848

Mateing/breeding

Quote:

it would kind of be a shame if the female ate him.

Why would the female be eating the male? If well fed theyíre not cannibalistic. It makes no sense to say the female is going to eat the male.

Quote:

because if you are just buying the male as a slave

Itís not like heís going to breed and breed with her until she or he gets stressed. Personally I only kept my emperors together when I bred them, but I know many people that do keep theirs together 24/7 with no problems whatsoever.

06/28/06  12:16am

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Alter_Bridge_Fan   In reference to Message Id: 855430

Mateing/breeding

this person is not exactly an advanced keeper and would probably give inadequate care leading to a hungry female and a dead male. lilperez doesnt even have proper substrate despite us constantly saying the correct kind.however, if lilperez does change substrates and learns how, (s)he could have some healthy babies. good luck but i recommend separating them just in case.

06/28/06  12:48am

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 855475

Mateing/breeding

Quote:

meee i had my emp for about 4 months. i had a male but he died. iím getting a male in a few days should i put them together or wait a while and let them get use to each other.

Let me see if I have this right...you *claim* that youíve had your imp for 4 months and yet, in another thread you starteed on 06/07/06 you are asking how to house an imp....IF youíve had one for 4 months, how were you housing it prior to that or are you lying through your teeth here...which is my guess.
The LAST thing you need to try and do is breed. Especially seeing as how you canít even seem to take the advice that you ASK for. You need to gain some experience FIRST and learn how to properly care for scorpions before you attempt to breed them.
Iím sorry dude, normally I will tell people how to breed tarantulas or scorpions but as of late, I am getting to where I WONíT do that because of the influx of noobies who have an invert for 10 minutes and decide they want to breed them and have absolutely no clue what the hell theyíre even doing, much less why they want to do it. So, I will not lay out the "correct" breeding procedures for P. imperator (what has been posted thusfar here are shotty at best). Get at least a year of experience under your belt and actually learn about the species, then try breeding, that way you donít end up with a bunch of dead scorpions and money down the drain.

06/28/06  03:41am

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
View Profile

Message To: Lilperez   In reference to Message Id: 849739

Mateing/breeding

u go metz!!!

06/28/06  05:50pm

Lilperez
View Profile

Message To: Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee   In reference to Message Id: 856581

Mateing/breeding

Metz i had my emp for 4 month. when i got her i also got a male but he died.I used a type of rainforest dirt.But when i got it i put a lot of water to keep it moist but i created mildew so i put sand in it and that didnít work so i put that rainforast dirt back in it so i only spray her once a week to keep it moist so she can burrow.

07/05/06  09:51pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Lilperez   In reference to Message Id: 868652

Mateing/breeding

!!!! if you would have told us that you were having trouble keeping mold out of the tank or that you couldnt find correct substrate we could have helped you out instead of how we acted.

07/06/06  01:44am

Lilperez
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 869054

Mateing/breeding

meee itís straight tell Metz iím going to get peat moss this weekend.

07/06/06  11:53pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Lilperez   In reference to Message Id: 870692

Mateing/breeding

Metz can read.

07/07/06  12:45am

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area