Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Joe blow   Alan Johnson   Joe blow   Metz   Joe blow   Alan Johnson  
 Member  Message

Joe blow
View Profile

Got ma new emp!!!!!!!!!!!

haha as u can see i got my first ever emp and i am very very pleased wiith it but there seems to be what looks like a wound on his tail were the stinger attaches to the tail its like white and looks almost like cartalage does any one have a clue what im talking about??

oh and metz i absolutly dissagree with your no handling advis for emps anyways because i just got him home today about 3 hours ago and he is at tjis moment in my hand curld up and is not feeling one ounce threatend but every one has a different theory.

oh and one more thing befor i go i think he might be a red claw cause he is not somuch dark green or black he has sslightly redend claws.. but is none agressive any one know bout that stuf?

thanx

05/31/06  02:26am

Alan Johnson
View Profile

Message To: Joe blow   In reference to Message Id: 811878

Well i haven’t been posting lately due to this and that but that bit you describe as a wound is where the joint is attaching the stinger to the tail (something else their to "BUT "I think , that is a smelly place and we wont go there As for the comment about handling them you will post on hear when eventually it does get pissed at this big hand coming into its home and disturbing it and does sting you or even worse it dies due to the unnecessary stressssss you will put it under (pleas do) Metz only ever hands out good advice your choice not to listen of course
AJ

05/31/06  04:53am

Joe blow
View Profile

Message To: Alan Johnson   In reference to Message Id: 811921

oh i know she knows what she’s talking about but i dissagree with her about absolutly not handleing them but back to the smelyy thing you said?? what? ahah oh and i dont think its a wound it looks like what other pics i have seen look like oh and im pretty darn sure its a re claw sorta agressive when i and getting him out but hes calm and like sleeps when he’s out ohh and funy thing he accually has stung me but not on porpus he laid his tail donw in my hand and his stinger was on ma hand and i nudged him and he spread out a lil and borke the skin and it just got itchy ahah

05/31/06  03:31pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Joe blow   In reference to Message Id: 812499

Well you’re by all means entitled to disagree with me about handling...nothing wrong with that. My only question is...how did you type if you had it sitting in your hand "at this very moment"?

Emla and Fud (my two emps) say CONGRATS...EMPS RULE...WE’RE THE BEST...etc. etc.
Oh, and one more thing........

PICTURES MAN....PICTURES!!! (if you have the means of course)

05/31/06  09:50pm

Joe blow
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 813136

hahah im tyoing with one hand haha he’s in ma hand right now too haha

ohhh and i believe itsa a red claw not an emp cause hes dark red and sorta aggressive when im in his cage getting him out hahah

06/01/06  12:50am

Alan Johnson
View Profile

Message To: Joe blow   In reference to Message Id: 812499

Joe Blow
The description you used in your first post was wound and i just replied using your desciption of it.
As for my" but" response i think if you do some research you will find out that their buttocks are situated near this area hence the wording i used and the phrase smelly end fits
As for the handling thing if you think that lifting your scorp does not stress it then by all means do it .this is your choice as i did say previously

AJ

06/01/06  10:49am

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area