Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Vampiricsoul   Lisa77   Vampiricsoul   Meee   Metz  
 Member  Message

Vampiricsoul
View Profile

Tank mates

i am wondering if their is any other animal i can put in with my 2 emperor scropions that wont eat them or they wont try and kill my brother wants a spider an i dont want to have to buy a new tank

05/29/06  06:43am

Lisa77
View Profile

Message To: Vampiricsoul   In reference to Message Id: 808813

Tank mates

emperor scropions eat eachother....let alone other things...If you want anything to live, then i wouldnt reccomend to b blunt

05/29/06  06:56am

Vampiricsoul
View Profile

Message To: Lisa77   In reference to Message Id: 808822

Tank mates

well i think i might jst get some plexi glass and seperate the tank and have both in the same tank but just cant get to each other

but thanks for the help

05/29/06  07:01am

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Vampiricsoul   In reference to Message Id: 808826

Tank mates

how big is the tank? and that is a horrid idea not just because it would confine them to an even smaller area, the 2 emps being able to see the spider and vies verse would stress them also, it would be nearly impossible in a smaller tank to give both parts the proper heating and humidity needed.

05/30/06  12:31am

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 810151

Tank mates

Quote:

emperor scropions eat eachother....let alone other things...If you want anything to live, then i wouldnt reccomend to b blunt

Ok, first of all, this comment is not true. P. imperator are QUITE communial and will NOT eat each other unless they are starving.
Howver, to be blunt, if you donít want to get another container then donít get another animal.....donít be lazy, thatís how accidents happen.
No, you can not put any other living animal in with emps that are not emps...something WILL get killed. Seperating the tank, as was said, is such a bad idea on so many levels that I wonít even go into all of them right now.
Scorpions need a lot more space than tarantulas do. Also, you do *not* have to have everything in tanks. There are endless types of containers that can be used to house invertebrates, espeically spiders.
In addition, depending on the size and species of spider, chances are they wonít even NEED a tank because they do not require, do not need and should not be given tons of space.
If you would like to discuss some options for inexpensively housing a spider, then pop on over to the spider board and we can discuss it there, seeing as how itís pretty off topic for the scorpion board.

05/30/06  04:57pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area