Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Mitch2558   Metz   Mitch2558   Metz  
 Member  Message

Mitch2558
View Profile

Have 2 red claws with my emps

Hi
I have bought 6 Emperor scorpions or so I thought, over the past week.
I checked them over and all looked the same, black/dark dark green but now 2 have gone the color of red wine.
Would they be red claws then?
If so can they be housed together? or will they fight?
I swore they looked black/drk green when I bought them but now look so different to the others in coloration.
They are all getting on well, bunching up together in hides or on own.

Also anyone witnessed any mating rituals with their scorpions?
Mine do allot of side by side, head to tale vibrating. Just saw one of my emperors grab the claws of another from behind and climb on top. Looked very strange. No one got hurt though.

Thanks

05/28/06  08:57pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Mitch2558   In reference to Message Id: 808278

As long as all are Pandinus speces they can cohabitate just fine.
As far as mating, scorpions do not have "sex". They donít climb on each other or anything like that. If a male is mature and is with a mature female, he will place a spermataphore on a piece of bark or other smooth surface in the container, take the female by her claws and pull her accross the spermataphore. If there is no suitable smooth surface in the container, the male will either not place one or the mating will be unsuccessfull due to the spermataphore not making proper contact with the femaleís sex organs.

05/28/06  09:37pm

Mitch2558
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 808336

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
Helpfull as always.
I didnít think they had sex but wasnít sure if they or how they display any willingness to mate.
I have several smooth areas in their viv for such an occasion.
As to the climbing on the back and claw grabbing I can only tell you what I saw. lol
Never seen it before so I just wanted to ask advice as to whether it was normal?
Is the shaking a threatening gesture or willingness to mate thing?

05/28/06  10:22pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Mitch2558   In reference to Message Id: 808396

I"m not sure what the vibrating would be. Iíve seen my emps do that from time to time and I always joke that itís oneís way to let the other one know that the fart they just let loose was a doozy and to get the hell on the other side of the tank before it stinks up the whole place!

05/30/06  05:05pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area