Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Ambert1313   Alan Johnson   Metz   Ambert1313   Metz  
 Member  Message

Ambert1313
View Profile

What am I doing wrong?

My emperor had babies on April 29Th. She had a total of 12. Now we are down to 5. I found one had drowned in the shallow water dish. Then yesterday I found out the crickets had been eating them. We took all the crickets out of the tank. Today I found 2 on there back and not moving. I am pretty sure they are dead. I havenít seen mom feeding them. I donít know what else to do. Can someone please help me???

05/14/06  05:34pm

Alan Johnson
View Profile

Message To: Ambert1313   In reference to Message Id: 785710

What am I doing wrong?

There could be so many different things making this occur but the one that spring to my mind right away are .Disturbance by yourself, checking up on her , if you have a male in there with her he will try to breed with her again (remove him ) to many crickets in her tank .Temp/humidity but the one out of all of thees has to be ,try leaving her alone as little disturbance as possible is wot she kneads at this time .Only open her tank when feeding then leave her to get on with caring for her babyís.You may already be doing all this if so i ,d just say mother nature is cruel some times (happened to mine not so long ago
AJ

05/15/06  08:02am

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Alan Johnson   In reference to Message Id: 786536

What am I doing wrong?

Yep, it could be any of the things that Alan listed or it could just be "natureís way". Sometimes that happens and there isnít anything that weíve done wrong, it just happens sometimes.

05/15/06  08:13pm

Ambert1313
View Profile

Message To: Alan Johnson   In reference to Message Id: 786536

What am I doing wrong?

I took out the last two babies today. They havenít died yet, and i got them some pinhead crickets. One looks browner than the other. I dont think mom was feeding them. She hasnt been eating.

05/15/06  09:53pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Ambert1313   In reference to Message Id: 787689

What am I doing wrong?

Were the babies already off of momís back? If so they should be ok on their own. If you took them off of momís back, just do the best you can but donít hope for much. She might have been a first time mom and wasnít really sure what to do.

05/16/06  03:54pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area