Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Foxylady   Metz   Foxylady   Metz   Foxylady   Metz   Foxylady   Metz   Foxylady   Metz  
 Member  Message

Foxylady
View Profile

Hi

Hi everyone
Iím new to the site and have a question.
Our emperor scorpion has died today we have only had it for about 2months, it was fine yesturday and roaming around the tank, there are crickets in there and a bowl of water, the temps and humidity are fine. Does anyone no of a reason why it can be fine one day and dead the next. It wasínt molting and it is in with a female.
Thanks for any info
Colette

05/09/06  11:12am

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Foxylady   In reference to Message Id: 778095

Hi

It could have died for any number of reasons or for no apparent reason at all. Iíve had scorpions do that from time to time. It might have been old.
If your tank set up is correct and there are not any toxic woods or anything like that in there, it might be "just one of those things".

05/09/06  11:46pm

Foxylady
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 779269

Hi

Thanks for the reply, i think it must of been 1 of those things, everything in the tank is ok and it was only about 6months (i think not sure). Iím just hoping it doesnít happened to the female we have left.
Thanks again
Colette

05/10/06  04:43am

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Foxylady   In reference to Message Id: 779441

Hi

Youíre very welcome. Iím sorry I couldnít be of anymore help.
But, if it makes you feel better, there is a saying in the hobby:
when one of your critters dies, get two more to make up for it.

05/10/06  06:15am

Foxylady
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 779452

Hi

Hi,
My hubby would get more tomorrow but with 2 beardies 3 corn snakes 5 kids, i think i can wait for another scorpion, i donít think the female scorp will get to lonley. How do you add picís? then i can put one up of the female.
Thanks Colette

05/10/06  08:32am

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Foxylady   In reference to Message Id: 779519

Hi

Youíve got 5 kids too huh? ME TOO!!!!
But then again Iíve also got 100+ tarantulas, a dozen or so true spiders, a hand full of scorpions, a dog who thinks sheís a vacuum and a psychotic cat that refuses to walk on the carpet....oh, and my baby king snake who Iím totally in love with!
I looovvveee beardies!!!! I would love to get one (or 6) but, as you can see, I really donít have the time for one.

To add pix, click on "Image Maker" right under the reply box and another box will open up. Copy the entire URL of the picture you want to post and paste it into the box, then click "make link". The picture will not show up as anything other than the URL code until you click the "Preview this message" button. From there you will be able to see if your picture came out right. If not, hit the back button and try again.
Just remember, you have to have your pix uploaded into an online album and you have to c/p the entire url.

05/10/06  03:54pm

Foxylady
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 780064

Hi

Flipping heck, i couldínt sleep knowing all them spiders was there. Go on get a beardie you will love it (1 more) as they say.
I will try the picís, let me no if they donít turn out please.
Thanks
Colette

05/10/06  05:12pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Foxylady   In reference to Message Id: 780191

Hi

Iíd love to get a beardie, but right now itís just not practical. I donít have the room for one (canít imagine why ) and right now I donít feel that I have the time to give one the attention that it needs and deserves.
Maybe when the kids are older and Iím not running around like a chicken with no head I might get one.
As far as the spiders, they are a GREAT home security system!

05/10/06  05:25pm

Foxylady
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 780210

Hi

Never thought of it that way, but i still wouldínt have one. My next door neighbour has a pink toed tarantula, and the thought of that getting out scareís the ___ out of me.
Colette

05/10/06  06:00pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Foxylady   In reference to Message Id: 780264

Hi

Eh, it wouldnít do anymore harm than your scorpion and most likely less.

05/10/06  07:08pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area