Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Carmelita3rd   Alan Johnson   Metz   Carmelita3rd   Metz  
 Member  Message

Carmelita3rd
View Profile

20 babies what now?

I bought my son an emperor for his birthday and low and behold she now has at least 20 babies all very large and healthy looking. How long before we should separate her, them?
How long before we can give some away?

04/30/06  09:18pm

Alan Johnson
View Profile

Message To: Carmelita3rd   In reference to Message Id: 765562

20 babies what now?

Well wot a surprise you must have got Firstly the less disturbance she has the better .
Make sure she has enough food items in her tank and let mother nature do her thing Pleas donít be having a picture shoot with her as the model as she could stress out and resort to cannibalizing the young ones try observe her(from a distance) it is amazing to watch those young feed of her
As for when to separate her /them only when the young have molted and climbed off her back voluntarily do this, at this point you can give them away if you want. Me personally would buy another tank and keep them (wife going nuts at me saying this )HA HA HA I am sure Metz will point you in the right direction if she replies with proper care sheet info keep us posted as to there progress No computer wizz or i would place the care sheets myself there have been a few threads made up on this subject recently if you read these as well
AJ

05/01/06  11:09am

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Alan Johnson   In reference to Message Id: 766188

20 babies what now?

Yep, just leave the babies with mom until they come off her back on their own. It would be better to remove the babies and put them in a different container than to move mom.
You can house all of the scorplings in one container as long as it is large enough for them each to have their own space. A medium or large kritter keeper works. You will want to make sure all of the scorplings are eating well before you give them away.

05/01/06  05:17pm

Carmelita3rd
View Profile

Message To: Alan Johnson   In reference to Message Id: 766188

20 babies what now?

Thank you for the info. Its much appreciated. Mom and babies are doing great. They are eating little crickets gobble gobble. The only problem we have is we have to change her name. Son named her Drayco lol. TY again.

05/01/06  09:18pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Carmelita3rd   In reference to Message Id: 767200

20 babies what now?

Thatís ok, Iíve got female tarantulas named Reggie, Louie and my G. aureo is named Clarience and that one will probably turn out to be a female as well.

05/02/06  01:04am

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area