Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

BlackDragonScales711   BlackDrangonScales   Minipyro   BlackDrangonScales   Metz   BlackDrangonScales   Metz   S.a.f   Metz  
 Member  Message

BlackDragonScales711
View Profile

Male and female Emperor.

OK I hear from people at pet stores the its the males that get bigger, or the females get bigger! I have no clue who to believe. And the most confusing is the I also her that the male "combs" are small and the females are bigger?! Or vise versa. Please help me.

Personally I believe the males get bigger but, eh?

04/07/06  08:05pm

BlackDrangonScales
View Profile

Message To: BlackDragonScales711   In reference to Message Id: 729610

Male and female Emperor.

Ok fine nevermind {jerks}

04/09/06  11:45am

Minipyro
View Profile

Message To: BlackDrangonScales   In reference to Message Id: 731890

Male and female Emperor.

Iíve heard the females get bigger, topping out around 8 inches with tail. The male is smaller and only gets around 6 inches with tail.

04/10/06  02:04pm

BlackDrangonScales
View Profile

Message To: Minipyro   In reference to Message Id: 733697

Male and female Emperor.

Ok but I hear that the males get bigger in pet stores and from breeders But it would make sense that the males have larger "combs" because they need to find the female.... SO witch is it

04/11/06  11:33am

Metz
View Profile

Message To: BlackDrangonScales   In reference to Message Id: 735122

Male and female Emperor.

Which one gets bigger doesnít mean squat and does not determine gender. My adult male is just as big as my female. Try googling "sexing P. imperator"

04/11/06  02:25pm

BlackDrangonScales
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 735259

Male and female Emperor.

thatís no the point! on line it says females have bigger combs, but as i was told by people in the pet store they say males have bigger combs..

And if both of youíre scorpions are the same size it means their the same age one of them will get bigger

04/11/06  04:28pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: BlackDrangonScales   In reference to Message Id: 735446

Male and female Emperor.

Well, seeing as how pet stores donít know their heads from holes in the ground, I wonít even take anything they say into consideration, especially when it conserns inverts. Also, just because mine are the same size does NOT mean they are the same age. One will grow larger than the other when it molts, then the other will be larger after it molts, etc. etc.
For P. imperator in particular (this does NOT apply to all scorpion species the same) the easiest and most acurate way to sex them is to do a pectine count, however, in the case of mature P. imperator, the MALE pectine is longer than the FEMALE

04/11/06  06:30pm

S.a.f
View Profile

Message To: BlackDragonScales711   In reference to Message Id: 729610

Male and female Emperor.

the femalies get bigger then the males the females grow around 7-8in an the males grow around 5-6in.

04/21/06  02:22pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: S.a.f   In reference to Message Id: 751328

Male and female Emperor.

Well then I suppose my male thinks heís a female then? Because heís by far larger than 5 to 6 inches.

04/21/06  07:37pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area