Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

PUFF da magic DRAGON   Metz   PUFF da magic DRAGON  
 Member  Message

PUFF da magic DRAGON
View Profile

HELP !! i think my new emp has parasites

i got an emperor scorp a few weeks ago but the other day he was drinkin from the bowl and when he went back in the cave there were loads of white things swimming about.to me they look like mites.i got the scorp from a pet shop and have heard they could pick them up from there. Metz i expect you could help me with this

03/11/06  08:20am

Metz
View Profile

Message To: PUFF da magic DRAGON   In reference to Message Id: 687141

If you feed it crickets, they are probably cricket larve. Crickets will lay their eggs in water as well as substrate. Generally, if it was nematodes or some other type of parasite, by the time their were so many that they were exiting the scorpionís body, the scorpion would be dead.
Go ahead and clean out the water dish with very hot water and a dash of vinegar if you have any, rinse it well and re-fill it. Make sure you donít leave crickets in for more than 24 hours and make sure any dead un-eaten or partially eaten remains are quickly removed.

03/11/06  11:23pm

PUFF da magic DRAGON
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 688116

ok thanks i cleaned it out properly the other day and they havnt reappeared so im guessing they are crickets larve as i have benn leaving the odd 1 in there over night.he seems healthy to me and has eaten 2day just wanted to make sure thanks

03/14/06  07:42pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area