Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Need help   Alan Johnson   Alan Johnson   Alan Johnson   Alan Johnson   Metz   Need help   Alan Johnson   Metz  
 Member  Message

Need help
View Profile

How to tell if my Emporer Scorpion is pregnant

Could someone PLEASE HELP me, my Scorpion is just getting fatter and fatter it looks like its going to explode! How can I tell if its pregnant? or just FAT?

02/11/06  06:53pm

Alan Johnson
View Profile

Message To: Need help   In reference to Message Id: 646010

Firstly we will knead a bit of info. has you re scor ever been housed with a male ?The only way i new mine was preg was because i observed them mating . You say she how do you know ?And lastly how long has it just been getting fat because mine went fat for about 7 month es she has since given birth .At the end of her preg she was like 3/4 inch thick but thanks to Metz again for the help she is doing fine.I did go out and buy a pair to bread it wasnít just luck ,Iknew wot sex they were (done lots of research on them )

Just so proud of my new lot with mom

02/12/06  04:46am

Alan Johnson
View Profile

Firstly we will knead a bit of info. has you re scor ever been housed with a male ?The only way i new mine was preg was because i observed them mating . You say she how do you know ?And lastly how long has it just been getting fat because mine went fat for about 7 month es she has since given birth .At the end of her preg she was like 3/4 inch thick but thanks to Metz again for the help she is doing fine.I did go out and buy a pair to bread it wasnít just luck ,Iknew wot sex they were (done lots of research on them )

02/12/06  04:46am

Alan Johnson
View Profile

02/12/06  04:49am

Alan Johnson
View Profile

Message To: Alan Johnson   In reference to Message Id: 646503

Sorry about all the posts ,comp problem

02/12/06  04:58am

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Alan Johnson   In reference to Message Id: 646505

Yes, more info would be nice and how much youíre feeding her.

02/12/06  07:36pm

Need help
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 647457

Iím not really sure if it is a female! all I know is that we bought 2 of them around six months ago, the one had died about a month after getting them. The one I have now has always been pretty normal, we feed it a dozen of crickets around every two weeks, it doesnít even eat all of them, about a month or so ago I noticed that it seemed to be getting really big. I wasnít sure if it was just growing or getting fat, it is not eating any different then before, so I took it to my local store where I bought it from, they donít have a clue of what is going on with it. So I came to this web to try and find some answers! I Love my Scorpion very much and I would hate to see it explode, because thatís what it looks like!!!

02/15/06  04:43pm

Alan Johnson
View Profile

Message To: Need help   In reference to Message Id: 651481

I donít think you have any worry of it exploding .wot humidity does your tank sit at also temp and wot you use as a substrate .Post a pic if you can (not going to tell anything just interesting)
Wot a surprise you will get if she is sorry i cant make a sert diagnosis for you

02/15/06  05:14pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Need help   In reference to Message Id: 651481

There are a few different things that it could be.
1. It could be gravid (pregnant)
2. Itís eating too much, thus getting fat
3. Itís fixing to molt
A dozen crickets every 2 weeks is fine for 2 scorpions but is a bit much for just one.

02/15/06  10:47pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area