Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Freddiemercury15   Metz   Freddiemercury15   Metz  
 Member  Message

Freddiemercury15
View Profile

Red claw scorpions

Hey guys Iím new here but not to the scorpion world. i currently own 2 emperors 1 baby and a juvenile. i keep a couple of crickets in the cage which doesnít seem to bother them, they will eat 1 every couple of days. i have owned my emperors for 4 months and i handle them every day for until they get skiddish. both are supposedly defended.

I was recently surfing the net looking at diff colored scorpions and i saw the red claw scorpion. i have been searching the net for information on them and found nothing. i was wondering if any of you could tell me how temperamental they are and if one would fight with my emperors. also where or how i could obtain one. Iím currently in a Lil town in new york state just outside of saratoga springs. any and all help is wanted.

-Freddie

01/31/06  04:32pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Freddiemercury15   In reference to Message Id: 629431

Red claw scorpions

They are defended? Whatís that?
Iím curious, why would you need to know if red claws will fight with your emps?

02/01/06  02:32am

Freddiemercury15
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 630283

Red claw scorpions

!@#! i meant devenomed. basically Iím worried b/c i dont have a lot of room in my house for another cage but, if i need another cage i will get one. Also my mom thinks that any scorpion besides the emperor is hard to care for and to aggressive, which i know is not true. and how strong is there venom? if i can think of anything else i will ask but right now i have a freaking headache.

-Freddie

02/01/06  06:21pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Freddiemercury15   In reference to Message Id: 630961

Red claw scorpions

Ok, first of all, I donít know what moron told you your scorpions were de-venomed, but stupid slap them for me and donít do businees with them anymore. It is not possible to de-venom a scorpion without killing it. Itís stinger would have to be removed and even at that, it would just grow back after they molt.
As for the red claw, Iím assuming youíre refering to Pandinus cavimanus (red claw emperor). If so, their care is the same as Pandinus imperator as is their general temperment. Their venom is not considered any different than P. imperator.
Scorpions of different species classes should not be housed together. They *might* get along but IMO, itís not worth the risk to wake up one morning and find a massicar in your container.
You can find more information about this species and scorpions in general at Venom List

02/02/06  11:48pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area