Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Minipyro   Nelson jacobson   Minipyro   Jordan14   Minipyro   Metz   ReptileMan17   Alter_Bridge_Fan   Metz   Med   Metz  
 Member  Message

Minipyro
View Profile

Are scorpians poisenious?

Hi scorpians sound pretty cool to me but i wouldnt want anything that could sting me and kill me or get me sick. List some good non poisenous scorpainans. Thanks

01/15/06  01:34pm

Nelson jacobson
View Profile

Message To: Minipyro   In reference to Message Id: 606821

are u alergic to bees?

01/15/06  01:39pm

Minipyro
View Profile

Message To: Nelson jacobson   In reference to Message Id: 606825

uhh no

01/15/06  01:46pm

Jordan14
View Profile

Message To: Minipyro   In reference to Message Id: 606832

Get an emp.

01/16/06  05:04pm

Minipyro
View Profile

Message To: Jordan14   In reference to Message Id: 608464

k

01/16/06  10:39pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Minipyro   In reference to Message Id: 608968

Ok, first of all, no, scorpions are not poisonous, they are *venomous*. Yes, there is a difference. EVERY species of scorpion has venom and can cause some degree of pain, discomfort, illness etc.
Second, just because a person may be allergic to bees does not mean they will be allergic to scorpions and vice versa.

01/17/06  07:35pm

ReptileMan17
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 609981

Go with a Emp there good for people.I have a Death Stalker Scorpion witch itís not to mess with either no matter what kind of scorpion you should alway show it respect.If i where to get stung by this killer iíd die in 20 min flat.Itís one of the most Venomous Scorpion on this earth.So yes do go with a Emp i have one and a Red Claw and a Flat Rock there cool but mine doesnít do nothing but sit there all day i sometimes see my Emp walking around the sitting then getting up again then sitting moveing stuff around its a very cool scorpion.Hope this helps and donít go thinking of buying a Death scorp For 1 god bless you if you did.What ya should do is this tho look up on scorpionís and like look at pics and stuff so the pet store donít go selling you that scorpion cuz they want money i know i worked at one.But yeah google the death scorpion and the look at a emp and look at that fat tail scorp thereís alot of cool oneís just gotta look at becarefull not to buy one that will kill you...

Well have fun finding your right scorpion and ttyl..

JOE...

01/22/06  05:49am

Alter_Bridge_Fan
View Profile

Message To: ReptileMan17   In reference to Message Id: 615937

Quote:

so the pet store donít go selling you that scorpion cuz they want money

Quote:

becarefull not to buy one that will kill you...

How many pet stores sell scorps that can kill you? I work at a pet store, and we sell emperors, asian forest, desert hairy, african dirt, and flat rocks. We, and all other responsible store owners, would never risk the lawsuit associated with selling someone a deadly scorpion. I donít know where you shop, but that must be one messed up store.

01/26/06  05:53pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Alter_Bridge_Fan   In reference to Message Id: 622428

Quote:

How many pet stores sell scorps that can kill you? I work at a pet store, and we sell emperors, asian forest, desert hairy, african dirt, and flat rocks. We, and all other responsible store owners, would never risk the lawsuit associated with selling someone a deadly scorpion. I donít know where you shop, but that must be one messed up store.

PetCo in particular is natorious for having uneducated employees and managment. I too have seen hots in there and they have no clue what theyíre selling. Granted, I havenít seen it very often and, every time I have I have informed the manager(s) of it and in most cases they have resulted to be more careful of what they order and sell. BUT, I HAVE seen Babycurus jacksoni, Androctonus bicolor, Androctonus australis and, I just about died when I saw this, Leiurus quinquestriatus.

01/26/06  06:27pm

Med
View Profile

Message To: Metz   In reference to Message Id: 622482

Wow, they didnít actually have it marked as a death stalker, did they?

01/27/06  04:41am

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Med   In reference to Message Id: 623080

Nope, had it labled as a Desert Hairy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01/27/06  05:52pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area