Scorpions Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Hairylags   Hairylags   Hairylags   Scorpionlover  

Member  Message

Hairylags
View Profile

Please help! ASAP! Emps BREEDING?

So, I already own two emps. went to pet store to grab some crickets and noticed that there was another emp in sand with a bright light and no hide so Figured id save it and bring it home. I am not expert but figured I could add it to the 33 gal enclosure i have the other two in.. It has three different hides and plenty of room to share. about three hours later i took a peek and it was locked up with one of the two I already had. No tail stinging im pretty certain there mating. Now where do I go from here... How long does it take to complete the mating and do i separate them after what do i do step by step from this point ??? please help. any info would e great thanks.

03/11/16  07:49pm

Hairylags
View Profile

Message To: Hairylags   In reference to Message Id: 2317409

UPDATE: The pair have separated.. not bothering each other at the moment. now what??

03/11/16  08:13pm

Hairylags
View Profile

Message To: Hairylags   In reference to Message Id: 2317412

ohh common people im too dam dumb to use a computer....
I want scorpion pups! :)

03/11/16  09:43pm

Scorpionlover
View Profile

Message To: Hairylags   In reference to Message Id: 2317409

Hi!

ok so what they were doing could be one of a few things.
the could be introducing themselves, like mine did.
They COULD be breeding!! in which case they would lock their pedipalps together and do what looks like a dance, the male scorpion would lock in his claws with hers and pull her over the sack he lays during. In that case keep an eye on that specific scorpion because you will see warning signs that she is pregnant. like the shell separating and little white lumps will be visible! she will also star burrowing more than usual.
last it could be a territory issue if both scorpions are male. they may have a dominance issue at the beginning.

but if the scorpion is pregnant it is import to separate her, she will become easily agitated and may kill the other scorpions to protect her baby! I want to know how it goes!!

some pet stores may buy scorpions off of you, or you can sell them if you trust them to good homes. I have a male and female scorpion and am hoping for little scorp babies myself!

04/11/16  07:25pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area