Scorpions Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Ava500   The Lone Glider   Rockmaster  

Member  Message

Ava500
View Profile

Glowing scorpion

I am new to this forum and also new to scorpions. I’ve had my emperor for a few months now and everything has been going great. A few moments ago however, as I was misting his tank and he was having a drink, he began to glow a dull green. I understand that scorpions glow under UV light, but I’ve never seen this happen to mine before - I use an exo terra 50 watt night heat lamp night and day and have never had any problems with it. The exo terra website also graphs the wavelengths emitted from the bulb so I’m confused as to why he was glowing! Is he close to a molt or did it have something to do with the misting? I can’t seem to find any answers anywhere. No worries, I have turned off his lamp so as not to harm him!

Please help me out! He has certainly never glowed under this light before even when it has been turned up to the max.
Here is the website for reference http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/night_heat_lamp.php

03/26/13  10:00pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Ava500   In reference to Message Id: 2294438

Glowing scorpion

Have there been any changes in his diet? Glowing in Emps is very common, in my personal experience they don’t glow tilll they are around a year old, so if he just hit that that could be why he is now glowing and didn’t before. But that could be just with mine.. Also,changes in diet or maybe something the feeder ate could have done something and made it glow like that too.

04/02/13  08:11am

Rockmaster
View Profile

Message To: Ava500   In reference to Message Id: 2294438

Glowing scorpion

Might sound stupid but sounded like it might have something to do with the misting. Id try the light again if he dont glow give him a very light mist i only say do this cause something mew happening that i cant explain would drive me crazy.

12/17/13  12:10am

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area