Scorpions Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Wizbitt82   The Lone Glider  

Member  Message

Wizbitt82
View Profile

Is my emperor scorpion dead?

I have or possibly had, 2 emperor scorpions, first is around 4 inches long and the second is about 5 1/2 inches. I check them every day by peaking under there hide while I check the humidity and change the water in theire dish,. the last few days the larger scorpion has stayed out of her hide but has still been active.

ive tried to leave them as much as possible over the last week as they both look ready to molt because they have gone off theirfood, there cuticle plates have moved further apart and they have been more still, staying in darker areas of the tank.(all are meant to point to a molt being close)

Tonight though the larger scorpion has shown no life. His tail is flat but curled near the stinger but its pincers are still upright and body isnt flattened,but it is pretty soft to touch, I moved him to see if he was still alive but got no movement but still have seperated him from the other in a seperate tank with the same temperature and humidity. (both are 25c and around 90% humidity)

I have heard that scorpions can look dead during molt but he looks really dead! his body is still soft so rigamortus hasnt set in and there is no noticable smell so I am unsure.

There is one hint that may be a clue, I have noticed part of his rear leg is missing which he had a day ago.i dont know if my smaller scorpion has stung the larger to death, the larger has died and the little has eaten the leg or the scorpion is still alive but in molt and has lost the leg in the process.

Can anyone help?

02/05/13  04:30pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Wizbitt82   In reference to Message Id: 2291361

Is my emperor scorpion dead?

I know this is an older post, but I was wondering how your emp did? and if its still alive and if i could still help?

04/02/13  08:14am

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area