Scorpions Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Casper604   Adam L   BloodyEdge  

Member  Message

Casper604
View Profile

Questions bout my habitat

I recently received an emporer scorp. I have some questions I cant seem to find the anser to on google., first is I recently moved my heating pad from the bottom to the back because my emp was burrowing all thr way to the glass on the other side of the heating pad. Dont want it to get fried. My questions are if his burrow is by the back wall will it still be. Too hot in his burrow? Ive also been told not to get water on the glass that has the hp on it because of risk of fracturing the glass. How big of a risk is that? And my final question for now is what sort of lighting is best for viewing them at night. I wont use blsack light, because of the hurt it can cause. Just would like to able to see him when he is most active. Im looking for product name and wattage plz.

06/08/12  07:29pm

Adam L
View Profile

Message To: Casper604   In reference to Message Id: 2269266

This forum is not very active at all. If your scorpion doesn’t want to be warm he will burrow somewhere else so don’t worry about that. As for the fracturing, I’m not sure because I’ve never heard of that happening. For night viewing I use an infrared heat lamp which stays on during the day also for heat. Mine look almost green under it. It’s not a black light but it has a similar effect for viewing.

06/13/12  08:29am

BloodyEdge
View Profile

Message To: Casper604   In reference to Message Id: 2269266

As long as you have a hot area and a cool area you are golden. He/she will regulate its body temp by moving where it wants. Never hurd of the glass breaking like that but dose not mean it can’t. And by a cold area I mean warm lol hope that helps, good luck.

08/12/12  11:04am

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area