Scorpions Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

MandibleHead   Chameleon_man   MandibleHead   Kaiser!!!   Jknaup  

Member  Message

MandibleHead
View Profile

Multiple scorp questions

I just bought a male and female emporer, I had the heatpad on the bottom, I moved it to the side, and both of them like hiding under the rock cave i built but they fight over the spot, but its right against the heatpad on the glass, are they going to fry themselves? usually only one of the two is in there, I also have a hotrock in there, My emporers r borring is there a more active scorpion I can get in canada, and they move slow, I want to see them crawling around and stinging stuff, ive read empores dont sting there prey very often ? Can i just feed him a wolf spider then will he use it ? i have everything i need for a desert scorpion because the pet store sold me all the wrong stuff for the emporers, Is there a more aggressive scorpion that will chase things and stuff ? Is a bigtail scorpion the same as a deathstalker ? will a desert hairy scorp be more fun ? Is a dethstalker the only scorp that can kill me if im not alergic to scorp stings ? If i got a deathstalker is there any first aid type treatments for it >? or stings in general ?, ill post pics of my set up when i get the camera goin, the females name is Lazer, male is fairly new and no name for him yet, mabey Whippy, Iv had lazer for aboiut a week, whippy for about 3 days

02/26/12  02:04pm

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: MandibleHead   In reference to Message Id: 2256917

Multiple scorp questions

well for one TAKE THE HEAT ROCKS OUT!!!!!! :-) emperors are definitely your biggest and i have seen some fight and chase but they normally wait for there pray to i just tend to throw food right in front of them. but if your wanting to see them chase i have no idea. the emps are a tropical scorpion that need lots of humidity and loves to be sprayed with water.

03/02/12  08:57am

MandibleHead
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2257470

Multiple scorp questions

ok, What is the problem with a heatrock ? ill take it out I just want to know whats bad about them. sorry for the slow response I didnt think anyone was goingto reply after a while,

03/14/12  03:21pm

Kaiser!!!
View Profile

Message To: MandibleHead   In reference to Message Id: 2258778

Multiple scorp questions

i know for lizards its because the heat directly touching them burns them. but a pad through glass is different. maybe same concept.

12/01/12  12:40am

Jknaup
View Profile

Message To: MandibleHead   In reference to Message Id: 2256917

Multiple scorp questions

OK
disclamer: i am not an expert but ive kept alot of the north african badboys as far scorpions go. spelling might be off on my latin names.

Not to get on a soapbox but you need to do alot more research on any of the thicktails or a deathstalker scorpion. So if you get stung and a full blown envenimation it will not be good for you not just pain but definantly death is possible from these guys.
deathstalker: Leirus quinquestsiatus- deadly no antivenin in the north american continent.

thicktail aka fat tail aka armour tailed- all are deadly and no anitvenin here
androctonus sp.
Parabuthus sp.

I would suggest you look up Desert Hairy scorpion. (Hadrus ssp.) they will use there telson(stinger) but if you get drilled is probably will not kill you.

THere is a scorpion there selling now called a dune scorpion i havent looked into as this is the first i saw it. It might be worth looking into. However, From what your saying check into Desert hairy scorpion there really neat and not to bad.

12/28/12  12:23am

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area