Scorpions Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

ZodiacScorpio   Dualll   ZodiacScorpio   Dualll   Zach67   Zach67  

Member  Message

ZodiacScorpio
View Profile

My first scorpion

So i had my scorpion for a week now and i started to wander about two things.my fisrt question is about its hiding spot. should it be placed on the warm side of the tank or can i put it wherever i want. My second question is approximately how long does it take for a scorpion to get used to its new habitat. I only saw my scorpion to get out of its hiding place once at night. He usually just sticks his claws outside and just sits there.Is it because he is scared.

01/29/11  06:19pm

Dualll
View Profile

Message To: ZodiacScorpio   In reference to Message Id: 2201786

My first scorpion

Hi,

You can place it anywhere, but it’s better to give it two hides, one on the warm and one on the cool side so it can pick.
It depends on the scorpion when adjusting to a new environment. Usually my scorpions have adjusted within a week, but I’ve found that if you give them proper housing and care, they will adjust quite quickly. Once they adapt to their new environment, you’ll see that they will react to your presence more. They will run and hide if you bother them and that’s a good thing because they are acting naturally.

01/31/11  01:48pm

ZodiacScorpio
View Profile

Message To: Dualll   In reference to Message Id: 2202182

My first scorpion

Thanks for the advice. Can you also tell me what would be a good feeding schedule

01/31/11  03:14pm

Dualll
View Profile

Message To: ZodiacScorpio   In reference to Message Id: 2202190

My first scorpion

No problem

I am guessing you have an emperor scorpion? Well for those, they don’t need to eat a lot, which is a good thing because it saves you the trouble. You can feed it 2-3 times a week with crickets. Whenever I feed mine I give it 2 crickets and if it doesn’t eat them, I just take them out and try again in a couple of days. Sometimes if I’m too lazy or can’t take care of it for 2 weeks, so I stuff it up with food by feeding it as much as it can eat. Then I go on my trips without having to worry. They have a very slow metabolism, so they can go without food for a very long time. I am talking months to a year without needing to eat.

02/01/11  07:02am

Zach67
View Profile

Message To: Dualll   In reference to Message Id: 2202357

A little more info please

Hey it’s Zach I just bought an Emperor Scorpion I’ve had him for about 7 days for the first two days he would try to climb to the sides of the glass (which I expected to be normal.) After those two days he burrowed under his water bowl and then I dident see him for a few days and I stuffed a cricket under there hoping he would eat and I don’t see it so he must of ate it. I lifted the bowl to change his water and when I came back he crawled into another hole he burrowed. Is this normal? He is also been really sluggish and always hiding, day AND night which I think is very odd. Like I said I’m new and I I like to learn as much as I can. Also his right side of his body is like white so please explain. I can’t tell if all this hiding is normal or the white side is normal Thanks!

08/13/13  07:16pm

Zach67
View Profile

Message To: Dualll   In reference to Message Id: 2202357

My first scorpion

Hey it’s Zach I just bought an Emperor Scorpion I’ve had him for about 7 days for the first two days he would try to climb to the sides of the glass (which I expected to be normal.) After those two days he burrowed under his water bowl and then I dident see him for a few days and I stuffed a cricket under there hoping he would eat and I don’t see it so he must of ate it. I lifted the bowl to change his water and when I came back he crawled into another hole he burrowed. Is this normal? He is also been really sluggish and always hiding, day AND night which I think is very odd. Like I said I’m new and I I like to learn as much as I can. Also his right side of his body is like white so please explain. I can’t tell if all this hiding is normal or the white side is normal Thanks!

08/13/13  07:19pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area