Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

TheSurfer   TheSurfer   TheSurfer   Dualll   Dualll   TheSurfer  
 Member  Message

TheSurfer
View Profile

What does it mean??

I recently bought a hissing scorpion and found out she is pregnant. Lately she has been holding her back end straight up. . .would that suggest she will have them soon?? I’m not sure of their gestation period, and I’m not sure how long she has been pregnant.

Thanks,
Will
I’ll get a pic up soon.

07/23/10  05:51pm

TheSurfer
View Profile

Message To: TheSurfer   In reference to Message Id: 2164643

What does it mean??

here is the pic. . .

Thanks,
Will

07/28/10  03:36am

TheSurfer
View Profile

Message To: TheSurfer   In reference to Message Id: 2164643

What does it mean??

ok, I added pics last night but it won’t show. So here it is again. Sorry if it double posts the pics.

Thanks,
Will

07/28/10  11:52am

Dualll
View Profile

Message To: TheSurfer   In reference to Message Id: 2165495

What does it mean??

hi there,

What is the temperature of your setup? Sometimes scorpions do that when the temps are too high for them.
I’m also not familiar with this species, so the only thing I suggest is to check the temperature and to make sure you give her a hide to bury underneath. If she’s going to give birth, she’ll need a nice dark and cozy spot. Try not to bother her much and take out any uneaten food after 24 hours of not being eaten. The less stress to her, the better.

07/30/10  04:21am

Dualll
View Profile

Message To: Dualll   In reference to Message Id: 2165866

What does it mean??

After looking at the pics again, it could be that the substrate is too moist for her. I’m not an expert on their care, but I don’t think they like their homes that humid. If there is moisture on the sides of the setup, it’s probably too humid so you can try reducing that, too.
Good luck!

07/30/10  04:24am

TheSurfer
View Profile

Message To: Dualll   In reference to Message Id: 2165867

What does it mean??

ok thanks. Her temps are between 80-83, and humidity is about 60-70. When I took the pic, it was about a day after I made the substrate, it’s the eco earth block. It’s starting to dry up right now. She has already dug a few burrows and has been going down most of the day. Thanks again. Anything else you can think of, please let me know.

Will

07/30/10  05:30am

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area