Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

INick   Sirkutcore   Dualll  
 Member  Message

INick
View Profile

How much did you pay for everything?

How much did you pay?
My mom said i can maybe get one if i payed for it and i have no pet stores where i live...
My friend said she would help me buy one due to me having no job... :P
So im woundering how much did your tank cost your food and heating pad, and scorpion, etc...

04/22/10  01:21pm

Sirkutcore
View Profile

Message To: INick   In reference to Message Id: 2142610

I paid apx 45 with tax for everything. I paid 20 for my emp, 17 for a shallow 5 gallon plastic tank, and 5 for repti bark substrate. If you are starting off, you can make it cheaper by turning a ½in lid into a water bowl and keeping the crickets in a coffee container. Remember, they can eat through Styrofoam! Best bet, shop around.

09/17/10  09:08pm

Dualll
View Profile

Message To: Sirkutcore   In reference to Message Id: 2175954

For some of my scorpions I got for free and others at different prices, but normally you can get an emp for 15-20 bucks.

The tank you can find for $13 bucks at walmart and the mesh top you can buy for around 11 bucks at petco.
My infrared heat bulb cost about $7 bucks and the heat lamp cost me $13.
The substrate cost me about 11 dollars and I used a ceramic dish for the water dish which is a cheap $1.
If you live in a hot/warm area, you don’t need the heating source.
You will definitely need the coco-fiber though because they are a forest species and need it nice and moist.
Don’t use any bark chips for the substrate because they will eventually die from them.

The substrate cost me $11 because I bought 2 bricks of coco-fiber. I wanted a nice 5 inch layer of substrate for my scorpion to burrow in and that’s exactly what he did. The ceramic dish you can get at a gardening store. They’re those dishes you place ceramic pots on.

09/20/10  02:29am

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area