Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Scorpions Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Mauge135   Dualll   Scorpion-Newbie   Ilovemyreptilestolif   Anemiaffx   Dualll   Anemiaffx   Dualll   Jlammers   Gigszour  

Member  Message

Mauge135
View Profile

Putting two scorps together

Alright i have a female adult emperor now and i’m looking to buy another one. Would it be a good idea to place another female in there with her? I really don’t want to get a male basically because I don’t want to have them mate. I’m not quite ready for that just yet.

Basically I’m just asking to see what the best combination for putting many scorps into one tank would be.

11/16/09  05:35pm

Dualll
View Profile

Message To: Mauge135   In reference to Message Id: 2095987

Hey there!
yeah, emperors are considered communal although there are cases of cannibalism. Yeah, another female would be fine, just make sure they’re not pregnant. The pregnant ones get cranky and may kill other scorps. Two females would be the better combination in my opinion. Two males would result in territorial disputes and like you said, a male and female will probably mate.
Some things to look out for are:
They should be around the same size.
There should be more than 1 hiding spot.
Make sure both are well fed.

Good luck, hopefully the scorpion is really a female!

11/18/09  02:08am

Scorpion-Newbie
View Profile

Message To: Dualll   In reference to Message Id: 2096458

Also to add to duall’s comment, take the female you already have out and completly re-arrange the tank! If you just put the new female in the other one will see it as a sort of territory invasion and will defend it. If they both see it as a new space then neither will claim it straight away as they will both think its the others territory.

Its always abit harder keeping scorpions together cause there can be feeding problems, but thats the only thing you really need to look out for, i hear the adults fights are alot worse than when there smaller, and i only have slight smaller scorpion experience, so when they fight (and they will) monitor it as much as you can.

But its all worth it in the end though, they will live happily together after a while, heres pics of mine just chilling out with eachother lol:

11/18/09  08:46pm

Ilovemyreptilestolif
View Profile

Message To: Scorpion-Newbie   In reference to Message Id: 2096687

oh yea you can put 2 together even more.. i buy emperor scorpions all the time when i have money i had bought one for my boyfriend and then i got another one because i wanted a female...and just the other day i bought another one... they might fight a little especially if they have been alone for a while or at least mine fought my second one i bought... but they are bffs now...loll....so now i have 3 scorpions together...

01/24/10  07:29pm

Anemiaffx
View Profile

Message To: Ilovemyreptilestolif   In reference to Message Id: 2116987

I have a question aswell. I have 2 scorpions. The younger one was grouped in a group of 2 others at a pet store. The older one i have has been all by himself for about a year or so. (Both of them are males). When i introduced the younger one to the older one, they locked pedipalps and began to sting eachother. I then broke up the fight and seperated the cage. Do you think there is a chance they could be grouped or not?

Also is it possible for another emperors sting to kill another emperor?

01/25/10  09:12pm

Dualll
View Profile

Message To: Anemiaffx   In reference to Message Id: 2117315

Yes, there is a chance, but it’s pretty risky. A lot of times the larger ones will harass and kill the smaller ones. You can try it and wait to see what happens, but it’s best to separate them and not risk losing the small one. I would try rearranging the entire enclosure and then introducing them into it.
Their venom does not affect them and to die by a sting they’d have to hit a very specific spot underneath the scorpion which probably won’t happen. They will most likely die by being crushed.

01/25/10  11:28pm

Anemiaffx
View Profile

Message To: Dualll   In reference to Message Id: 2117340

do you think the outcome could be different if i waited till the smaller one was roughly the same size? there both Emperors.

01/26/10  12:06am

Dualll
View Profile

Message To: Anemiaffx   In reference to Message Id: 2117352

yeah, you can do that. I’m just afraid the little guy will get overpowered and killed. If he’s as big as the other one, at least he can put up a fight and not get eaten lol

01/26/10  12:26am

Jlammers
View Profile

Message To: Dualll   In reference to Message Id: 2117358

hey i also have a question about my scorpions. see well i bought 1 and then i waited about a month then i go three more and the store said two of them where females but i think they are male because when i put on female and the male i had first they started to fight like it was nothing. they clamped claws and started to sting each other and then i broke it up and tried the other female and they did the same. Do u think i have three male instead of one male and two females. I need help.

05/17/13  08:35am

Gigszour
View Profile

Message To: Mauge135   In reference to Message Id: 2095987

I don know anything about SCOPRSP but I do know dat if you TOUCH ONE OF THEM BOY you will SEE JESUS and FAST

02/26/16  08:10am

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area