Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

R3PT1LE   Bayou Beasts   Bayou Beasts   R3PT1LE   Bayou Beasts  
 Member  Message

R3PT1LE
View Profile

Pick it up

i juss got ma emperor scorpion not to long ago and also i juss wanted to know how to pick it up

11/14/04  12:40am

Bayou Beasts
View Profile

Message To: R3PT1LE   In reference to Message Id: 180891

Pick it up

Their are segments on the tail I call them knuckles because they work simular to the knuckle on your finger allowing the scorpion to bend its tail. When you look at the stinger on the end of the tail there is a "knuckle right below it that is the first knuckle below the stinger, if you grab the stinger from the sides and keep your fingers on the sides of the stinger and the first knuckle it will not be able to sting. Once they are out and you place them on your arm/hand or what ever just let the stinger go as they tend to calm down. I have been stung 3 times and can tell you from experience it hurts like hell but does no real damage.

Tony

11/14/04  2:26am

Bayou Beasts
View Profile

Message To: Bayou   In reference to Message Id: 180921

Pick it up

Sorry they will pinch but it is alot like a big Crawldad(crayfish). Just want you to expect it to pull itself up and try because it will and I didn’t want you to drop it.

Tony

11/14/04  2:29am

R3PT1LE
View Profile

Message To: Bayou   In reference to Message Id: 180922

Pick it up

but if i pick it up from the stinger wont the scorpion reach with his claws and try to grab u

11/14/04  12:39pm

Bayou Beasts
View Profile

Message To: R3PT1LE   In reference to Message Id: 181038

Pick it up

That is what I stated above they will pinch but it doesn’t hurt trust me the stinger hurt alot worse.

11/15/04  12:34am

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area