Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Nymphetaminion   ImTheDaddy   Abyss_X3   FanofBugs   Nymphetaminion   FanofBugs   Pbcrazy187  
 Member  Message

Nymphetaminion
View Profile

Emperor scorpion question

hey all...i just got my emperor today:D and i have a question for you fine folks....i have an infrared light for his heat but iím wondering if a fluorescent light (i have my friendís old aquarium, so itís still the same light) is OK?i donít remember exactly if the fluorescent light will bother him or not?
thanks alot!
-GaBe-

01/04/08  03:52pm

ImTheDaddy
View Profile

Message To: Nymphetaminion   In reference to Message Id: 1568105

Quote:

i have an infrared light for his heat but iím wondering if a fluorescent light (i have my friendís old aquarium, so itís still the same light) is OK?i donít remember exactly if the fluorescent light will bother him or not?

Hi there a fluoresant light will stress your scorpion out and is not needed. You also dont really need a red light on your scorp a heat mat on the side of the cage should be fine. The problem with lights in emp scorps tanks is they suck out all the humidity and Emp scorps like there enviroment humid.

ITD

01/05/08  05:50am

Abyss_X3
View Profile

Message To: ImTheDaddy   In reference to Message Id: 1569089

WRONG!!!!. They do need a photoperiod but that can be acomplished trough natural light. As long as the scorp know it’s day and night. I agree with getting a heat pad but put in on the side as these guys like to burrow. If you use a false bottom enclosure there’s no need to worry about the humidity
Link

01/14/08  08:10pm

FanofBugs
View Profile

Message To: Abyss_X3   In reference to Message Id: 1578935

MY EMPEROR scorpion questions......help

okay.. i have an emperor scorpion and her name is queen venom. i have been wondering if it is wrong that i have calcium sand as her environmental land. i also have a cave made out of bark in there and a little water dish. so does this sound like a good environment for my scorp?

02/02/08  12:04am

Nymphetaminion
View Profile

Message To: FanofBugs   In reference to Message Id: 1605452

from what I’ve gathered from reading care sheets and pictures of other enclosures, Emperors prefer coco fiber or peat as a substrate so they can burrow...now to say if calcium sand is good or bad I’m not quite sure, but i know it’s not there usual substrate.

02/02/08  02:08pm

FanofBugs
View Profile

Message To: Nymphetaminion   In reference to Message Id: 1606038

ok

02/03/08  02:43pm

Pbcrazy187
View Profile

Message To: FanofBugs   In reference to Message Id: 1607593

yeah im not sure that it is possible to create the right amount of humidity with sand. emps need alot of humidity that is why dirt or bed beast is recomended

02/03/08  11:08pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area