Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Log-In   Log-Out   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

PythonMan   LedZeppelinfan101   PythonMan   PythonMan   Rs1441   Abyss_X3  
 Member  Message

PythonMan
View Profile

New scorpion

i plan on getting 2 more scopions to add to the collection i was thinking bout a desert hairy which i finally found after 3 months of looking on swiftinverts.com and i just found a european death stalker at my pet shop today thats only 34.99 yes i know the death stalker is the 2nd most venomous scorpion in the world iím advanced enough to know how to keep one of these species without being killed, problem is my mom only sees the how dangerous the scoprion is and not that i can keep one safely how do i show her that i can keep one.

12/11/07  11:08PM

LedZeppelinfan101
View Profile

Message To: PythonMan   In reference to Message Id: 1543806

New scorpion

Quote:

european death stalker

What exactly is a European Death Stalker? If youíre talking about Leirus quinquestriatus then that is the MOST venomous, not the 2nd most. Also, I doubt itís anything dangerous as most pet stores do not have sufficient insurance to sell those species. If you want a truly dangerous scorpion, they usually must be purchased from either fellow hobbyists or specialty dealers.

Why not get something as aggressive as a death stalker but not as venomous? Itíd be just as fun to watch without the danger.

12/12/07  01:01AM

PythonMan
View Profile

Message To: LedZeppelinfan101   In reference to Message Id: 1543902

New scorpion

i donít know what it is i called and he told me what they had and he said european death stalker so thats al i know.

12/12/07  03:58PM

PythonMan
View Profile

Message To: PythonMan   In reference to Message Id: 1544365

New scorpion

well got it at 4:10 today it is a egyptian death stalker, the guy made a mistake on the phone. i gotta switch the tanks tomorrow and move it from the 10 gallon into my other cricket keeper. and i will be careful when i do so.

12/14/07  11:58PM

Rs1441
View Profile

Message To: PythonMan   In reference to Message Id: 1547017

New scorpion

sounds intresting just dont get stung or your buggered then :P not many places keep anti venom for them inless maybe you live in egypt?

12/15/07  03:54PM

Abyss_X3
View Profile

Message To: Rs1441   In reference to Message Id: 1547484

New scorpion

Quote:

plan on getting 2 more scopions to add to the collection i was thinking bout a desert hairy which i finally found after 3 months of looking on swiftinverts.com and i just found a european death stalker at my pet shop today thats only 34.99 yes i know the death stalker is the 2nd most venomous scorpion in the world i?m advanced enough to know how to keep one of these species without being killed, problem is my mom only sees the how dangerous the scoprion is and not that i can keep one safely how do i show her that i can keep one.

Sorry not experianced enough. Leiurus quinquestriatus and Leiurus quinquestriatus hebreus are the MOST venomous species on earth. Trust me I know I have 10 of them. I do not suggest this scopion at all unless you get some more experiance. H. arizonensis...those are great for a second species. They are big and love to eat. If you need any help please visit my site and PM me (same name) I might be able to help you with caresheets.
Cheers
Eddy

01/14/08  08:17PM

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Log-In   Log-Out   Members Area