Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Cr4nk   ImTheDaddy   Cr4nk   B-Fish  
 Member  Message

Cr4nk
View Profile

Need help on my emperor...

I need some help... My female emp, who I believe to be prego, seems to have mites on her back. All the conditions of her setup are nothing short of perfect, lighting,water,food,substrate,etc. But I cant seem to get my hands on a spray or vitamin that will rid of the mites... any ideas on what to do. I really dont want to loose Pheonix. (thats her name).

11/24/07  09:01pm

ImTheDaddy
View Profile

Message To: Cr4nk   In reference to Message Id: 1525218

Ok what you need to do is this. Clean your tank out and put some new substrate in and make sure the sustrate is dry. Make sure you put a water dish in and that it is big enough for you scorpion to soak in. And whatever you do do not mist the cage. You see most types of mites survive in humid enviroments and if ventilation is restricted this enables the mites to thrive and multiply. But if you have mites in a dry enviroment they will die and the likley hood of them finding the water dish in your emps cage is slim. For humidity you will have to rely on your water dish for now. Removing the mites from your emp is tricky you need a tubs that is big enough for your emp to go in but not to be able to turn around. Put 7 or 8 holes in there and seal your emp in. Then take a cue tip (those things you get for cleaning your ears) and gently put it through the holes in the tub and wipe the mites off. Make take you a while but it does work. Tyr this Link it will give you some great info on mites and how to kill the little buggers.

ITD

11/25/07  10:19am

Cr4nk
View Profile

Message To: ImTheDaddy   In reference to Message Id: 1525635

Thank you very much, I just changed the substrate yesterday, so its fresh ill take her out and work on it right now. I appreciate the help. I hope it works.

11/25/07  01:59pm

B-Fish
View Profile

Message To: Cr4nk   In reference to Message Id: 1525882

you might not want to put to much water in there because i had to much water (1/2inches) and my scorpion was socking in it and died. (pretty smart scoprion huh)

12/04/07  12:34am

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area