Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Maymay   Faery   LZRDBOY   Maymay   Faery   Deserthairylover   Maymay   Maymay  
 Member  Message

Maymay
View Profile

Emperor scorps

wats the best sudstrate 4 an emperor scorpion??

oh an any handling tips??

thanks,
maymay

10/24/07  04:47am

Faery
View Profile

Message To: Maymay   In reference to Message Id: 1488569

Emperor scorps

You can use Canadian Spaghnum Peat Moss or one of those expandable brick substrates. Anything that will hold in the moisture and help with the Humidity. They like to make burrows, so it`s important to give them 4-6 inches of substrate that will hold a burrow. Best way to pick one up is to lay your hand down next to them and scoop them up from the side. Anything from the front is "seen" as an attacker and the Emp will attack back. Allow the Emp to crawl and investigate You. Mine seem to enjoy the warmth of my skin and relax. If relaxed, They will gently "explore" with their pincers closed or just slightly open. If they are "On Guard", The tail will be held high (ready to sting) and the pincers are wide open ready to attack.
Rayna :-)

10/24/07  09:51am

LZRDBOY
View Profile

Message To: Faery   In reference to Message Id: 1488698

Emperor scorps

i couldnt5 have said better my self, but if ur really nervous then gently grab the base of the tail so u can slide ur hand under but be careful so u dont hurt ur scorpion.

10/24/07  02:39pm

Maymay
View Profile

Message To: LZRDBOY   In reference to Message Id: 1488941

Emperor scorps

thanks for the help..i really appreciate it!!

i hope he dont mind bein picked up...he was very snappy wit his claws wen i first got him :P

10/25/07  05:51am

Faery
View Profile

Message To: Maymay   In reference to Message Id: 1489768

Emperor scorps

Do You mist your Scorpion? Misting them really seems to relaxe them. If He is skittish, You may want to mist Him first and then try to pick Him up. Rayna :-)

10/25/07  08:46am

Deserthairylover
View Profile

Message To: Maymay   In reference to Message Id: 1488569

Emperor scorps

handiling tips well i ahve a desert hairy but i think the same principled apply i scoop mine up from the side usualy while hees in a cornr i dont do the taik thing i try and stay away from the tail and just give him a little tap on the side or tail to see if hees in a "pissy" mood if he raises his stinger he proably dosent want to be handled if he just walks away you can try picking him up

hope ive helped TY

10/27/07  02:45pm

Maymay
View Profile

Message To: Deserthairylover   In reference to Message Id: 1492292

Emperor scorps

thanks 4 the tips!!!

i jus put new substrate in so i think iíll leave him alone 4 a while.

i ain misted him yet but iíl give it a shot :P

10/28/07  09:14am

Maymay
View Profile

Message To: Maymay   In reference to Message Id: 1493215

Emperor scorps

o another thing...iíve had him nearly 3 weeks an i dont think heís eatin yet..im finding crickets in his tank..is dat normal?

10/28/07  09:16am

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area