Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Tarantulas 1   B-Fish   B-Fish   Pythous  
 Member  Message

Tarantulas 1
View Profile

Water scorpian?

i found a stick like bug in a pond and i decieded to put it into a tank . i cant post pics of it but it breaths through a tube caused by its back two legs! i gave it some mosquito larvae and it ate one but it is to cold for the baby mosquitos to live in the pond soo i dont no what to feed it. it is also known as the water stick bug. any one have tips for me? ps. the thing is visious! it tryed to stap a floating plant in the shallow water tank! if you move the tank it stabs the water.

10/09/07  09:27pm

B-Fish
View Profile

Message To: Tarantulas 1   In reference to Message Id: 1473288

Water scorpian?

post a pic

10/10/07  05:08pm

B-Fish
View Profile

Message To: B-Fish   In reference to Message Id: 1474129

Water scorpian?

why canít you post a pic??/?

10/13/07  03:57pm

Pythous
View Profile

Message To: B-Fish   In reference to Message Id: 1477243

Water scorpion?

Iíve seen those in New England yes it is a water scorpion I caught one of those when I was 11, at the time I didnít know what it was it was just kinda floatin through the water slowly moving its legs. I just picked it up cause at the time I didnít know how viscous those things could be. It didnít even bite me, just sat there until I put it in the water. If Iíd known what it was then I would have kept it. Anyways there are a few species but just two main types, those sticklike ones and ones that look kinda like giant water bugs.

10/22/07  09:54pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area