Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Sonorone   B-Fish   Sonorone   Pbcrazy187   Sonorone   Pbcrazy187  
 Member  Message

Sonorone
View Profile

Upgraded my african flatrock today

hey everyone I upgraded my flatrock to a ten gallon today. sorry about the threat pose that it is giving but you never know when you will get to see it so snapped a couple of quick picks as soon as it hit the new viv. then of course quickly hid as normal LOL. hope you all enjoy.

09/27/07  04:10pm

B-Fish
View Profile

Message To: Sonorone   In reference to Message Id: 1459405

What size tank is it

09/27/07  06:48pm

Sonorone
View Profile

Message To: B-Fish   In reference to Message Id: 1459633

itís just a ten. had him in a 5.5 before. but the wifeís beardie moved up to a big tank so her baby tank came open for him. plan on getting maybe a hide or 2 more for him. seems the more hides to travel to the more active it stays.

09/27/07  08:00pm

Pbcrazy187
View Profile

Message To: Sonorone   In reference to Message Id: 1459770

hey nice set up. i was wondering how you like your flat rock? are they good for the most part? i have an emp and i am wanting to get another one of a different type.

09/28/07  09:24pm

Sonorone
View Profile

Message To: Pbcrazy187   In reference to Message Id: 1461152

oh hey thanks for the compliments pbcrazy. yeah they seem pretty cool. I never kept an emperor but from what I have seen they arenít very good with handling like some emps are. the flatrocks are a little more skittish. although not likely to sting they wonít think twice about pinching which they got some strong pinchers. now pretty much if you need to clean they just hide away from you and not aggressive so that is easy. in fact you will hardly see them except at night then they are an awesome invert to watch. overall they are a drier scorp to keep so maintanence is a breeze. so basically if you like a display animal thatís easy to keep and fun to watch on the nights it comes out then yeah great little invert to keep IMO. let us know if you get one with some pics.

09/29/07  12:33pm

Pbcrazy187
View Profile

Message To: Sonorone   In reference to Message Id: 1461722

ok thank you. yea i am going to a reptile expo in sacramento tomarrow so i am going to see what they have. they sound good so if i can find one i will probably get it. thanks again for the info. it is nice to get some one on here who has experience with another type of scorpions.(other than emps)

09/29/07  04:13pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area