Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Madalyn   Madalyn   Babykong777   Madalyn   Babykong777  
 Member  Message

Madalyn
View Profile

Crix Breeding in Scorpy’s Tank! Good or Bad?

I have coconut fiber substrate with a little peat moss on top, and some green growing moss in her tank, and a wood log for a hideout. Everything looks really cool and natural! Everything is store bought and contains no bugs. The crickets i buy are large and stick their needle-like things on their butt into the soil. My guess is that theyre depositing eggs into the soil. Well, I have found about 30 baby pinhead crickets so far, they keep drowning in Missys water dish. At first I thought they were cute, but now im wondering if theyll be a nuisance! Theyre obviously not big enough for Missy to catch them. I just want to know- Is there anything wrong with ending up with baby crickets in there? Or is everyone experiencing this at some point?

09/08/07  06:10pm

Madalyn
View Profile

Message To: Madalyn   In reference to Message Id: 1436410

Oh, yeah, Missy is a P. Imperator, that’s why her tank has dirt and moss...humidity kept 80-90%

09/08/07  06:15pm

Babykong777
View Profile

Message To: Madalyn   In reference to Message Id: 1436410

yes,this is very bad.let me explain,they will eventually start chewing on your scorpion and it only takes one time to cut it open and have an infection occur,i suggest you change the bedding,

09/08/07  10:45pm

Madalyn
View Profile

Message To: Babykong777   In reference to Message Id: 1436755

!!!Oh No! this is making me scared! I pretty much JUST had the bedding changed like 2 weeks ago! Does this happen to anyone else with dirt bedding? What if i just bought small crickets? They don’t seem to have that egg-laying stalk-thing! Someone give me more advice before i freak out! :-(

09/09/07  01:29am

Babykong777
View Profile

Message To: Madalyn   In reference to Message Id: 1436915

like i said,change da bedding andf only leave crickets in the scorpions enclosure for about ten minutes at a time,dats it.

09/09/07  04:47pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area