Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Ditzzy   ImTheDaddy   ImTheDaddy   ImTheDaddy   ImTheDaddy  
 Member  Message

Ditzzy
View Profile

My Scorpís being Taunted by Crickets!

My scorpion canít hunt. The crickets are smarter than him. After like 2 weeks I have to catch the cricket and throw them right in his face, and even then he has trouble catching them. It can be in his claws and he wonít close them until it hops away. The crickets are the right size (I think) but he wonít get them. Is there something I can do? Or is he just being what he is- a bad hunter.? His temp and humidityís right if thats important..

08/25/07  01:25pm

ImTheDaddy
View Profile

Message To: Ditzzy   In reference to Message Id: 1418699

Hi there

Quote:

Is there something I can do?

Remove the jumping legs from the crickets. The way to do this is to pinch the top of the leg nearest to the body and they will pop straight off. This will slow the crixís down and give your Scorpion a better chance of catching them..

ITD

08/25/07  05:48pm

ImTheDaddy
View Profile

Hi there

Quote:

Remove the jumping legs from the crickets. The way to do this is to pinch the top of the leg nearest to the body and they will pop straight off. This will slow the crixís down and give your Scorpion a better chance of catching them..

ITD

08/25/07  05:50pm

ImTheDaddy
View Profile

Hi there

Quote:

ITD

08/25/07  05:51pm

ImTheDaddy
View Profile

Hi there

Quote:

ITD

08/25/07  05:51pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area