Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Mephistopheles   Cr4nk   Faery   Mephistopheles  
 Member  Message

Mephistopheles
View Profile

What all can Emps eat?

Hey everyone, I know Iím still a newbie so I need some more advice. I have put a few small crickets in the tank with my Emp, but they always tend to stay on top of his coconut hide (Donít blame them) Will he be able to get to them and eat, or is there others food sources I could use. I was thinking about meal worms, but donít they burrow and hide? If anyone could toss me a few different ideas, because I have read it is good to change the food types on occasion. True? Let me know!

Thanks, J.

07/29/07  01:07pm

Cr4nk
View Profile

Message To: Mephistopheles   In reference to Message Id: 1379213

What all can Emps eat?

Hey I have one adult emperor along with one sub adult. I had a simalar problem. I decided to feed my scorpions beetles that I could catch around the house or when I went to the mountains I would catch grass hoppers or larger crickets. My scorpions have had no trouble eating any of these. Id stay away from the meal worms though, I tried it but all they did was hide under thier water dishes. But if you do have a pet store near your house you should ask them if they sell cockroaches. Emperors eat those in thier natural habbitat and usually like them. Hope I helped you.

07/29/07  01:24pm

Faery
View Profile

Message To: Cr4nk   In reference to Message Id: 1379226

What all can Emps eat?

I have a colony of Lobster roaches for my Beardies. So, I feed the roaches to my Scorps, too. I also give them Superworms (for the baby Emps, I cut the worm`s heads off). Emps do not eat every night. The babies are 4 months old now and are eating every other Night. The adults only eat twice a week. I try to wait until they should be hungry to feed them. That way the prey doesn`t just sit around in the tank. When Cleo (The Mama) is hungry, She will quickly grab the prey from Me. So, It`s easy to tell when She wants to eat. Rayna :-)

07/29/07  03:01pm

Mephistopheles
View Profile

Message To: Faery   In reference to Message Id: 1379332

What all can Emps eat?

Thanks for all the advice! I know its kinda disturbing that I have one of these fine creatures and am so ignorant about them. This one came to me out of the blue when my lil brother bought it for me as an early birthday gift. I am rapidly doing my research as fast as I can. Thankfully my mother and brother have 3 lizards so I have access to the tanks and heat pads and they have knowledge about getting crickets and worms and such. So please bare with this newbie and help him change into a knowledgeable man! Thanks for all the input! please keep it coming!

Thanks, J.

By the way! Its amazing how fast you get attached to the Emps!

07/29/07  03:33pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area