Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Howasaur   MEEE.   Howasaur   MEEE.   Cr4nk   Abyss_X3  
 Member  Message

Howasaur
View Profile

Death Stalker Babies

I have Death Stalker Scorpion for several months now and was told he probably was a male. For the past few days he has been hiding and when I checked the tank I saw a little one zipping across the sand. So the male is really a female. Upon careful examination of the tank I found 12 babies and one dead one. Talk about stress I removed the babies and put them in individual containers.. They are very fast moving.

06/27/07  01:29am

MEEE.
View Profile

Message To: Howasaur   In reference to Message Id: 1335777

Death Stalker Babies

why did you remove them?

06/27/07  08:39pm

Howasaur
View Profile

Message To: MEEE.   In reference to Message Id: 1336817

Death Stalker Babies

We had looked it up on the Internet and asked around and some said remove them others said leave them.. so the majority rules so they were removed and put in individual containers they are smaller then a dime.

06/27/07  11:50pm

MEEE.
View Profile

Message To: Howasaur   In reference to Message Id: 1337088

Death Stalker Babies

they are your animals, but at that small i would have left them in so the female can crush crickets and feed them. either way you are running risks. when you leave them in only the babies near the head can get food, and the mom will eat the weaklings/misfits, etc. separating them runs the risk of them being to weak to catch their own food. good luck though, i hope many survive.

06/27/07  11:56pm

Cr4nk
View Profile

Message To: MEEE.   In reference to Message Id: 1337096

Death Stalker Babies

What you can do is feed the scorpion babies baby crickets. They will be easy for them to catch and easy to kill. And if that doesnt work you can crush you own crickets and put them in the scorplings containers. Good luck.

07/30/07  01:32am

Abyss_X3
View Profile

Message To: Cr4nk   In reference to Message Id: 1380124

Death Stalker Babies

Quote:

they are your animals, but at that small i would have left them in so the female can crush crickets and feed them. either way you are running risks. when you leave them in only the babies near the head can get food, and the mom will eat the weaklings/misfits, etc. separating them runs the risk of them being to weak to catch their own food. good luck though, i hope many survive.

BAD ADVICE!!!! Lq babies can eat small crickets 2 times bigger than their size. Seperate them from mom because the mother would rather eat it’s own babies than crush crickets for them. Seperate all of them untill they reach adulthood and then you can put them together. I would recomend buying a fruitfly culture. They eat them like candy.

01/14/08  07:58pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area