Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

FattyUro   THEANIMAL250   Faery   FattyUro   FattyUro  
 Member  Message

FattyUro
View Profile

Cage Setup

My two emps are going to show up today. Iíve got their cage set up and ready to go. I have peat moss and potting soil mixed, about 6 or so inches of it. Their hot side is like 83 and the cool is 78. they should show up at lunch today they are from chameleon counters.com and are 2 inches long. I canít wait to get them let me know if I should fix anything about their setup oh and its in a 20 gal.

06/22/07  08:19am

THEANIMAL250
View Profile

Message To: FattyUro   In reference to Message Id: 1328932

Cage Setup

Thats awsome i just got 2 last week and put them in a 20gal. Make sure u have multiple cover for them because sometimes they can hog cover and not let the other one in so its best to have atleast 3 covers. I have and they do great. Since there pretty young like mine Iíd not feed them and type of lizard or pinky mice. Gut loaded or large crickets are okay and same with coach roaches mine love em!! Id feed them twice a week. When u do put food in make sure u put alot of crickets or meal worms in so they dont fight for the food.

06/22/07  07:41pm

Faery
View Profile

Message To: THEANIMAL250   In reference to Message Id: 1329813

Cage Setup

Well, How are your new babies doing? You should have bought some of my babies...LOL. I still have 7 babies...growing like weeds and eating real good. How old are yours? Rayna:-)

06/22/07  08:30pm

FattyUro
View Profile

Message To: Faery   In reference to Message Id: 1329897

Cage Setup

the guy at chameleon counters sent me a third one just because he said they like being together. they all three hide in the same spot and Iíve been feeding them half inch crickets every night since friday. theyíre almost an inch and a half long Iím not sure of the age though Iím hoping to get ahold of the breeder again today. I love watching them eat I canít wait til theyíre bigger. the tank theyíre in is a 20 high and my warm side is up to 92 and like 79 on the cool side(it varies more over there) my thermometer with the rh on it got too wet and stopped working but it was up at like 60 percent and I still hadnít got the peat moss soaked then. now its nice and damp but Ill have the exact rh when I get money for a new one. thanks for responding there arenít too many people on this forum Iím used to the beardie one where u get an answer within hours here its days.

06/25/07  08:28am

FattyUro
View Profile

Message To: FattyUro   In reference to Message Id: 1333034

Cage Setup

forgot to mention that I ended up making my own lid for the cage. ive got saran wrap on 3 quarters and screen over the other(cool side of course) then I have a black night light for nocturnals that keeps the temp up in there. its clamped about 3 inches over the saran wrap end. I had 3 uthís on that end and the temps still werenít getting over 83 so I got that light.

06/25/07  08:32am

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area