Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Reptilesrock55   Bayou Beasts   Shanon   Shanon   TarantulaKid   Hillbilly   Rhacattic   Dragonmaster1411   Metz  
 Member  Message

Reptilesrock55
View Profile

MY SCORPION HAD BABIES HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

i need to know what to do and stuff what to feed them where to put them and stuff PLEASE they just hatched today when i got home from school there where babies all over my scorpion

08/30/04  04:21pm

Bayou Beasts
View Profile

Message To: Reptilesrock55   In reference to Message Id: 132327

You don’t have to do anything but keep feeding mom the way you have been she will feed the babies and take care of them until they leave her back. Thay you will need to mist them daily and get 1/4 inch crickets for them to eat. CONGRATS!!!

08/30/04  10:14pm

Shanon
View Profile

The best choice is sphagnum moss or ZOO MED REPTI-BARKô. Keep slightly damp. Females with young will prefer damp peat moss (potting soil). When the young leave the motherís back, they will start to burrow. It is more interesting to watch this when they are forced to dig their own burrows, rather than escape under sphagnum moss. If peat moss is used, mix with some Zoo Med REPTI-BARKô to aid in drainage

06/26/05  01:27am

Shanon
View Profile

The best choice is sphagnum moss or ZOO MED REPTI-BARKô. Keep slightly damp. Females with young will prefer damp peat moss (potting soil). When the young leave the motherís back, they will start to burrow. It is more interesting to watch this when they are forced to dig their own burrows, rather than escape under sphagnum moss. If peat moss is used, mix with some Zoo Med REPTI-BARKô to aid in drainage

06/26/05  01:30am

TarantulaKid
View Profile

Message To: Shanon   In reference to Message Id: 382314

what kind of scorpion do you have??? any are you on the east coast maybe ill take a couple babies off your hands when there ready ,let me know
congrats

-tkid

06/29/05  08:34pm

Hillbilly
View Profile

Message To: TarantulaKid   In reference to Message Id: 386220

The mom does quite well caring for the babies and it is very interesting to watch, however you can seperate them if you like. I used to seperate half mine just to see how they faired on their own versus with mom. I would cut crickets in half with scissors and place the abdomens in with the young so they could eat, dont ever put any large adult live crickets in with them as they WILL get eaten untill their exos turn black and harden. I lost 3 babies that way till i figured out what was going on.

08/02/05  09:03am

Rhacattic
View Profile

Message To: Hillbilly   In reference to Message Id: 425009

I would say seperate them after they leave the mothers back.Thats what we do with ours.We seperate them into little rubbermaid containers to prevnt the mother from killing or eating them and to prevent them from killing off each other.This is the easiest way to keep track of the babies as far as feeding etc. goes.

08/03/05  07:23pm

Dragonmaster1411
View Profile

Message To: Rhacattic   In reference to Message Id: 427432

just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has left a message to help out this lost soul,im thanking you all cause my scorpion had her first babies yesterday and i also had a few questions but upon reviewing this forum, they were answered..guess im doing something right, she gave me 15 of them

10/13/05  01:18pm

Metz
View Profile

Message To: Dragonmaster1411   In reference to Message Id: 510209

Congrats! Iím assuming you have a P. imperator? If so, yes, do as was said above. I, however, would not suggest removing the babies from Momís back while they are still first instar, their fatality rate is higher if you do, but.... if, in the name of science and study..... go for it.

10/14/05  06:16pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area