Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Aznmochamike   Beetleboy247   BLACKHAWK250  
 Member  Message

Aznmochamike
View Profile

Emp. Scorpion Tank

Hi every1... i have a 55 gallon tank aqaurium for free and wanted to raise scorpions... could anyone give me an example of the tank set up that i would need... like what type of things to put into it to make it look nice and also to keep humidity... i was thinking of using small ceramic pots buried into there as hiding spots and use something like a dog water dripper for the water so i dont always have to check it their water ran out or not... thanks for the opinions in advance...

06/09/07  11:24pm

Beetleboy247
View Profile

Message To: Aznmochamike   In reference to Message Id: 1312172

Emp. Scorpion Tank

First thing’s first: LUCKY!!! Second of all: They like peat moss or cypress mulch under their little feetsies. You can buy little log things for like $3 at petco, these are open ended you can put the open ends against the glass to observe their natural behavior in the burrow. They like to climb low stuff like fallen trees and whatnot. So a driftwood branch would provide them with that. The water can be put in a wide shallow bowl and you have to change it at least ever week or so. I would just buy a little spray bottle for that and fill it with dechlorinate water. Fish conditioner is ok for that.

06/21/07  01:46pm

BLACKHAWK250
View Profile

Message To: Beetleboy247   In reference to Message Id: 1327781

Emp. Scorpion Tank

If i were u I would get alot of scorpions. Get alot of cover i think and make the groung atleast 4inches deep with cypress mulch. My scorpions love to burrow. U will need multiple heat pads underneath in order to keep the cage worm enough, depinding on the type of scorpion u choose. if u do want more than scorpion, I’d suggest Emperor because they do well together.

06/22/07  12:30am

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area