Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

FattyUro   Faery   FattyUro   Faery   FattyUro   Beetleboy247  
 Member  Message

FattyUro
View Profile

Getting an emp. soon

I am planning on getting an emp fairly soon and I wanted to get as much advice as I can. The tank I have is bigger than a 10 gal. but I donít think its a 20 either way though its big enough for one. I plan to put it on peat moss with an uth on the side of the tank. I know I need a hide on both ends but should I kinda burry them into the dirt a little bit? I plan on trying to feed it silk worms because I already have a ton of them for my beardie but if it wont eat them then Iíll just use crix. is there anything else I should know before I get him or does that sound like a good set up? oh and I know where to find the right temp level to have its cage at(cant think of it off hand) and I know that the humidity needs to be as high as possible.

06/08/07  11:36am

Faery
View Profile

Message To: FattyUro   In reference to Message Id: 1310614

Getting an emp. soon

You need a good digital thermo/Hygrometer to monitor your temp & Humidity. Temps should be 85-95F on the warm side and no lower than 70F on the cool side. Humidity should always be over 80 % (especially if you get a younger Emp that will still be molting. I don`t bury the hides in the adults` tank. They have caves (one on each side). They will sometimes burrow into the Peat that`s under the Cave. The babies seem to burrow more than the adults do. And You need a water dish with some rocks in it. This is so the Emp can easily get out of the dish. If You use a screened lid, cover 2/3 of it with Press N Seal or Plastic Wrap to help hold the humidity & Heat in. Rayna :-)

06/08/07  09:45pm

FattyUro
View Profile

Message To: Faery   In reference to Message Id: 1311066

Getting an emp. soon

thanks for your help I found a 20 gallon tank for 10 bucks with lid that can hold a black light and I want to put on in so I can turn it on at night. great deal huh? so now I hope to get two should I have four hides if I do?

06/11/07  10:54am

Faery
View Profile

Message To: FattyUro   In reference to Message Id: 1313845

Getting an emp. soon

My adults are two females and most of the time, they stay together in the same hide. But, If You want to scatter several around, It wouldn`t hurt anything. If You get a black light, don`t leave it on for very long each time. It stresses them out. Just turn it on to look at them and then turn it back off. I don`t have any lighting on my tanks at all. Rayna :-)

06/11/07  06:56pm

FattyUro
View Profile

Message To: Faery   In reference to Message Id: 1314563

Getting an emp. soon

I donít plan on leaving it on just turning it on to look at them but the tank comes with the light stand that fits right on top so I figured why not put a black light on there. do I need to worry about not getting two males or do they not fight?

06/12/07  04:14pm

Beetleboy247
View Profile

Message To: FattyUro   In reference to Message Id: 1315843

Getting an emp. soon

Scorpions canít see red or blue right?

06/21/07  01:39pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area