Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Tootlest   Faery   Tootlest   Tootlest   Faery   Faery   Tootlest   Tootlest   Tootlest   Faery   Tootlest   Tootlest  
 Member  Message

Tootlest
View Profile

Do they inbreed

hello my emperor scorpion just had babies and i was wondering what the babies eat... also my friend wanted 2 of the scorplings and i wanted to no when there able to be seperated from mum... and also, will the siblings breed with eachother if there male and female??

05/13/07  04:51pm

Faery
View Profile

Message To: Tootlest   In reference to Message Id: 1280233

Do they inbreed

Hi,
Mine had babies not too long ago, too. I seperated the babies when they were 2 months old. Mainly because the mama was leaving them to go to another "hide", so I figured she was getting tired of their company. :-). By that time they were feeding themselves. For now, the Mother will feed them with the Crix or worms You are feeding her. So, Make sure there is plenty. The Babies will cannibalize each other if there isn`t enough "prey". While they are small, crush the head of the prey before feeding it to the babies. I am still doing that for mine (they were born April 3rd) and I will probably do it for a while. Before selling or giving them away, You need to make sure You`ve got them well started...That they`ve molted several times, and are feeding good on their own. And your last question...Yes, Scorpions don`t know they are brother & sister. So they will mate with their siblings. Rayna :-)

05/13/07  10:51pm

Tootlest
View Profile

Message To: Faery   In reference to Message Id: 1280623

Do they inbreed

thanx alot

Quote:

crush the head of the prey before feeding it to the babies. I am still doing that for mine

do i hand feed them?

05/13/07  11:13pm

Tootlest
View Profile

Message To: Tootlest   In reference to Message Id: 1280644

Do they inbreed

another quistion... are they unisex (meening they mate with the same gender)... and if so is it possible for both to get pregnant beacause i had two then the 1 that had babies killed the other and it looked exactly the same...

05/13/07  11:24pm

Faery
View Profile

Message To: Tootlest   In reference to Message Id: 1280658

Do they inbreed

No, They are male & female...seperate sexes. Link
How long did You have the 2 big ones before You found babies? While the babies are with the mama, Put the prey close to her and she will feed them. Once they start moving around, they will be able to hold their prey and feed themselves. What I mean is kill the prey before You put it in with them. Crix will chew on the babies and worms can get away. So, Crush the head of the Cricket or worm so that the babies can eat it. When were your babies born? Rayna :-)

05/13/07  11:40pm

Faery
View Profile

Message To: Faery   In reference to Message Id: 1280672

Do they inbreed

These are my Babies...
Link
Link
Link

05/13/07  11:46pm

Tootlest
View Profile

Message To: Faery   In reference to Message Id: 1280682

Do they inbreed

nice scorplings... mine are bout a week old ill post a pic later!

thanx agen

05/14/07  01:12pm

Tootlest
View Profile

Message To: Tootlest   In reference to Message Id: 1281025

Do they inbreed

and also i had my 2 scorps bout a year and then found the male DEAD

05/14/07  01:44pm

Tootlest
View Profile

Message To: Tootlest   In reference to Message Id: 1281063

Do they inbreed

and i was wondering wen it was best to start handfeeding them if i want to start to.... or just pic them up also how badly duz the babys sting hurt? i no the adult emp is a mild bee sting

sorry for all the questions

05/14/07  02:01pm

Faery
View Profile

Message To: Tootlest   In reference to Message Id: 1281081

Do they inbreed

We started hand-feeding the little runt when we seperated them from their Mama. We don`t hand feed all of them every night...there are 17...LOL. So, they take turns. I just want to be sure all are used to being handled. We bought ours preganat. That`s why I asked how long You`d had them. They carry their babies about 9 months before giving birth. And, Your last question, I can`t answer- I haven`t been stung by any of them. To pick up the babies, I scoop them up along with the soil they are sitting on, so that I don`t hurt them. Then, I just let the soil fall away and they sit , rather crawl around, on my hand. Rayna :-)

05/14/07  02:58pm

Tootlest
View Profile

Message To: Faery   In reference to Message Id: 1281159

Do they inbreed

ok thanx alot... and ill get them used to being handled and ill sell later on when im sure its ok to ur a HUGE help to me and agen thanx!

05/14/07  04:54pm

Tootlest
View Profile

Message To: Tootlest   In reference to Message Id: 1281289

Do they inbreed

yea ok i just remembered that b4 i found this site i thought that emps wer desert scorps and had rocks in there and i was wondering how i would change the enclosure around without annoying mother

05/14/07  05:27pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area