Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Tyrannosaurus Titan   Dmetz   Lizard lover 239   BlazerLoko   Lizard lover 239  
 Member  Message

Tyrannosaurus Titan
View Profile

Cricket size

I wanted to know: Does cricket size make the scorpion more interested in the food? The crickets I bought are called "Large" when they are tiny. I throw the cricket right infront of my scorpion and I tap it (the cricket) to make it move. All he does is walk on it. I am thinking that if I get a bigger cricket/food item he may take it sooner/more.

05/07/07  10:10pm

Dmetz
View Profile

Message To: Tyrannosaurus Titan   In reference to Message Id: 1273794

Cricket size

Generally scorpions like their food to be one third the side of their bodies, not including claws and tail. If the cricket is about that size or a bit smaller, the scorpion just might not be hungry. Some scorpions will eat rather large prey, but others will turn tail and run away from it. If the cricket is very small in coplarison to the scorpion, it might not even consider the prey worth bothering with.

Depending on when you feed, if you feed during the day, you might try changing your tactics. Feed at night right before you go to bed, turn out the lights and see if the scorpion is more receptive to the prey. Also, make sure to leave the prey in with the scorpion for 24 to 48 hours. If the scorpion hasnít eaten it by then, itís likely not going to and just remove the cricket, wait a week or two then offer another cricket.

05/08/07  02:21pm

Lizard lover 239
View Profile

Message To: Dmetz   In reference to Message Id: 1274431

Cricket size

is it okay to just stick the cricket in the scorps pinswers and ten let it do what ever or should i let my scorp hunt the cricket?

05/17/07  07:47pm

BlazerLoko
View Profile

Message To: Lizard lover 239   In reference to Message Id: 1284950

Cricket size

Let it hunt the cricket, in my experience especially with emps they lose interest and hunting techniques if you give them the cricket. They simply become less aggressive to prey then if you leave them alone

05/23/07  05:54am

Lizard lover 239
View Profile

Message To: BlazerLoko   In reference to Message Id: 1290995

Cricket size

ok thank you

05/23/07  07:24pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area