Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Deathmachine   FLherps   Dmetz   Faery   Deathmachine   Faery   Deathmachine   Beetleboy247   THEANIMAL250  
 Member  Message

Deathmachine
View Profile

Can you handle a emperor scorpion

the title says it all, my friend has a emperor scorpion and he wants to hold for the first time. he wants to know if he can actually lift them up and handle it like his trantulas, i told him yes, but i think i made a mistake. can you handle it anyway?

05/02/07  11:05am

FLherps
View Profile

Message To: Deathmachine   In reference to Message Id: 1267114

You would have to pic it up by its tail to avoid being stung and set it on your hand. Then it should be ok. SOme people will probably respond saying picking it up by its tail is bad but thats how I picked mine up.

05/02/07  02:31pm

Dmetz
View Profile

Message To: FLherps   In reference to Message Id: 1267268

Quote:

SOme people will probably respond saying picking it up by its tail is bad but thats how I picked mine up.

You’re right...picking up scorpions by their tail IS bad....because it is dangerous....to the scorpion.

05/02/07  03:31pm

Faery
View Profile

Message To: Dmetz   In reference to Message Id: 1267338

If You "scoop" underneath it from the side, You can usually get the Emp. in your hand. But, That don`t mean it`s gonna just sit still...LOL. Mine move all around, climb up my arm...LOL. Rayna :-)

05/02/07  05:30pm

Deathmachine
View Profile

Message To: Faery   In reference to Message Id: 1267544

so you basically put your hands in front of the scorpion and let it climb right on to your hand? do they tolerate getting picked up by the tail or do they just become vicious after

05/02/07  06:53pm

Faery
View Profile

Message To: Deathmachine   In reference to Message Id: 1267665

NO, They try to get You with their Pincers. I saw someone do it that way at the Pet Store. That Emp. was ready to attack anything after that. Scoop from the side and let him scoot onto your hand.

05/02/07  07:15pm

Deathmachine
View Profile

Message To: Faery   In reference to Message Id: 1267688

all right, my friend is just yelling at me on the phone telling me that he just got pinched lol. well, i told him don¡¯t try to pick it up like a taratula, but just simply scoop it up. how big do they anyway, he told me that he thinks he has a female and it¡¯s already like 5 1/2 inchs long, how big does a female get up to?

05/02/07  10:12pm

Beetleboy247
View Profile

Message To: Deathmachine   In reference to Message Id: 1267922

6 - 8"

07/08/07  10:53am

THEANIMAL250
View Profile

Message To: Beetleboy247   In reference to Message Id: 1350209

You can handle yor scorpion easily without being stung. Just scoop your hand up from under it or behind it. Just don’t try to grab it from the front. Also don’t hold them to much otherwise you can stress them out and it can eventually lead to death. I hold mine at max once a week. Also i wouldn’t make fast movements in front of him or her. You can also tell very easily of its pissed of or going to sting because it raises its tail and claws up to look bigger and take defensive action. Do not pull it up from they tail because its hurts the scorpion. Would you like to lifted up by your arm?? No because it can be dislocated or ripped off.

07/09/07  09:11pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area