Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Tyrannosaurus Titan   Dmetz   Tyrannosaurus Titan  
 Member  Message

Tyrannosaurus Titan
View Profile

Behavior...

Ok, my scorpion has been eating and such just fine, but Iím a little worried about his behavior. Before, when I tryed to feed him, it would take a while for him to grab the cricket and eat it.Very little killing involved. Now, he crushes the crickets head, rips limbs off, and sometimes throws it on the ground. Is this sudden hatred of crickets normal? I mean, when I feed him all I do is put the cricket in front of his claws (with thongs) and try to put the cricket in his claws. Is that to rough? Or am I paranoid?

Thanks in advance.

04/28/07  11:04pm

Dmetz
View Profile

Message To: Tyrannosaurus Titan   In reference to Message Id: 1263014

Behavior...

If the scorpion is actually eating it, no prob. If it is just killing it, ripping it apart and leaving it there for you to clean up, then the scorpion is not hungry and the cricketís presence is annoying it.

05/01/07  04:09pm

Tyrannosaurus Titan
View Profile

Message To: Dmetz   In reference to Message Id: 1265999

Behavior...

Thanks.

But I have another question: My scorpions looking a bit...chubby and Iím wondering if he/she is ganna have babies soon. I got mine REALLY young. He/she is not very big, only about 2.5-3 inches long (not counting the tail) I just want to know if there is a specific age they can give birth. I HOPE he/she is a he, or at least not prego.

05/03/07  05:37pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area