Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Blackblitzin666   Faery   Flying Hillbilly   Faery   Johnnyd0247   Faery   Johnnyd0247   Faery  
 Member  Message

Blackblitzin666
View Profile

Wow i just realized that i could probley get a scorp! o.O

ok, i always thought that scorpions were high manteniacne pets. (idk why i gess cuz their just so exotic). and i thought they were really expensive too. well, i went to the pet stor teh other day and they have a breeding pair for sale for fifteen dollars. so i got interested then lol. so i came home and started researching, and i found out that their fairly easy lol. thats freaking awesome! but i do have some questions before i buy one.

i know that they arnt handleable animals and they stress very easily from it, but wehn im cleaning out its tank, is it ok to handle it jsut to transfer it to a holding space? also if it does sting how bad is it? a trip to the emergency room or just alot of pain and ice?

are they really active (be it night or day)? or are they like my snake, who goes and hides after i feed him and i dont see him for the rest of the week?

also for a full grown scorp, is a twenty gallon good?

04/22/07  04:42pm

Faery
View Profile

Message To: Blackblitzin666   In reference to Message Id: 1255707

Hi,
So, You surf the forums, too, eh? LOL. The answers to your questions depend on what type Scorpion we`re talking about.

Quote:

i know that they arnt handleable animals and they stress very easily from it, but wehn im cleaning out its tank, is it ok to handle it jsut to transfer it to a holding space?

Of course, You have move them to clean the tank. Just be gentle.

Quote:

also if it does sting how bad is it? a trip to the emergency room or just alot of pain and ice?

Some one who has been stung may want to answer this. I haven`t. From all I`ve read, an Emperor sting is like a mild bee sting. NP unless You happen to be allergic. Now, some other Scorpions can deliver a "whallop" of a sting.

Quote:

are they really active (be it night or day)? or are they like my snake, who goes and hides after i feed him and i dont see him for the rest of the week?

Emperors are active at night and more so when it`s quiet. They explore their tanks quite a bit. But, I`ve noticed mine hide for several days when shedding.

Quote:

also for a full grown scorp, is a twenty gallon good?

10 gallon is big enough for a grown Emp. So, In a 20 gal. long, You could keep a couple of them. Still interested? Pick a Baby...LOL
Rayna :-)

04/24/07  09:42pm

Flying Hillbilly
View Profile

Message To: Faery   In reference to Message Id: 1258528

Trying to pimp out your scorplings now, huh Faery?

04/25/07  07:17pm

Faery
View Profile

Message To: Flying Hillbilly   In reference to Message Id: 1259613

LOL...I gotta...There are at least 15 of them... I can`t keep `em all. :-)

04/25/07  08:30pm

Johnnyd0247
View Profile

Message To: Faery   In reference to Message Id: 1259734

il b glad 2 buy some form u.

04/29/07  11:25pm

Faery
View Profile

Message To: Johnnyd0247   In reference to Message Id: 1264172

If You`re serious, You can email me faery dust 459 @ aol . com (no spaces) Did You see the new pics? Rayna

04/29/07  11:55pm

Johnnyd0247
View Profile

Message To: Faery   In reference to Message Id: 1264199

hey i sent u a massage my email is

05/03/07  06:11pm

Faery
View Profile

Message To: Johnnyd0247   In reference to Message Id: 1268943

Hi,
I didn`t get anything...Did You spell my email correctly? Yours is not showing up. You have to seperate it so that it doesn`t look like an email address. You can also PM me on here. Rayna :-)

05/04/07  09:32am

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area