Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Faery   Faery   MEEE.   BirthofHawk  
 Member  Message

Faery
View Profile

Need Some Advice...

I need some advice from the "Forum Experts". I got my Husband a female Emperor for Christmas. We were told that She was about a year old. A couple of weeks later we got a little male that had been wounded in a fight and lost his stinger. I have posted pics of them on here before. And MEEE said something about " If You want them to breed".... I didn`t think I had to worry about that yet, as they were "Supposed" to be only a year old. Well, obviously the female is older than that and must have already been pregnant when we got her. Because tonight we found her covered with babies. I know how to care for the two big Scorpions...they are very healthy. Here is a picture I took last week while cleaning their cage...

But, I don`t know how to properly care for babies. One thing I do know is that their humidity must be kept high (How High?) or they will die trying to shed. What else do I need to know about Babies? Somebody help!!! BTW, My tank is a 20 gallon (long)

and the temp is 80 and the humidity is between 75 & 80 percent all the time. Thanks SO Much! Rayna

04/04/07  10:44pm

Faery
View Profile

Message To: Faery   In reference to Message Id: 1234413

Need Some Advice...

I was able to get a couple of pics w/o bothering her too much.

04/04/07  11:15pm

MEEE.
View Profile

Message To: Faery   In reference to Message Id: 1234459

Need Some Advice...

pm sent.

04/05/07  02:13am

BirthofHawk
View Profile

Message To: MEEE.   In reference to Message Id: 1234647

Need Some Advice...

I donít know much but have just been reading all these great posts. There is a bucket load of info here. One thing I would now do is fill the water container with small pebbles so the little ones do not drown. Someone also mentioned that anything the little ones can grab they can eat, like baby crickets, mabye those really small butter worms, (they are really soft and easy to break up,) stuff like that. All the rest is up to the two people on these posts that have actually HAD babies. They have some good stuff here to read. Wish all the best.
Cory

04/22/07  12:04am

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area