Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Minpinhearts   MEEE.   BallPython2   MEEE.   Araña   BallPython2   MEEE.  
 Member  Message

Minpinhearts
View Profile

EMPORER SCORPION

I am looking for another scorpion. The one I have likes to be handled however I am thinking now needs a friend but can not tell if female or male. I want to get one of the opposite sex. However, where I live I can not locate one anywhere can someone help me? I have a picture of him on my site so you can check it out. I soo want another one. Can someone help me?

02/22/07  09:45pm

MEEE.
View Profile

Message To: Minpinhearts   In reference to Message Id: 1183787

EMPORER SCORPION

it doesnt like to be handled, it just tolerates it. also, i would avoid getting another scorpion. scorpions dont make "friends". some tolerate others, but the never really like each other. if they are hungry for a second they will not hesitate to eat the other.

02/23/07  12:04am

BallPython2
View Profile

Message To: MEEE.   In reference to Message Id: 1183988

EMPORER SCORPION

emperor scorpions have been known to live in groups so why wouldnt they like each other? i have 2 in a 20 gallon tank they do well.

you just need a water bowl, 2 hides and every few days put some crickets in there if the crickets are not eaten by the same time the next day take them out and try again in a few days.

you can keep meal worms in there because they wont bother the scorpions. all they will do is dig into the substrate and the scorpions dig so they can dig them out.

02/24/07  03:48pm

MEEE.
View Profile

Message To: BallPython2   In reference to Message Id: 1185692

EMPORER SCORPION

just because they are able to live together doesnt mean they like each other. you can live with other people you dont like without eating them. you need to have near perfect conditions and ample food supply in order to keep them communal. if you have the grubs in the tank the the scorpions always have a food source so they wont risk dying to eat the other. they also wait a while before eating each other, but if they start to starve, like you forgot to feed them for a few weeks or something, they would eat each other. i admit i exaggerated before.

02/25/07  09:54pm

Araña
View Profile

Message To: MEEE.   In reference to Message Id: 1187665

EMPORER SCORPION

Interesting.

02/25/07  10:44pm

BallPython2
View Profile

Message To: MEEE.   In reference to Message Id: 1187665

EMPORER SCORPION

How do you forget to feed scorpions for a few weeks lol?.. specially when you should be trying to see if they will eat every three days?

Wouldnt you say you are exaggerating here also?

Quote:

you need to have near perfect conditions and ample food supply in order to keep them communal

If you aren’t then I must have near perfect conditions and ample food even though i only put four crickets in there a week sometimes none at all. and I just put meal worms in there. and then from time to time when I have them available I put pinkie rats in there.

And you also said this below.

Quote:

they also wait a while before eating each other,

basically he is saying they have a slow metabolism which they do so even a week or two without food they’ll be fine and depending on what you feed them before they went kind of went on the fast ( you’ll know they fasted when you put crickets in there over night and take them out the next day if they arent eating and you did this for about two weeks every other night) should predict close to when they might be hungry again. Since you cant always tell when a scorpion is full or hungry if you keep more than one just always keep some kind of food source in there all the time. however do not keep crickets in there all the time

02/26/07  09:17am

MEEE.
View Profile

Message To: BallPython2   In reference to Message Id: 1188161

EMPORER SCORPION

like i said, i exaggerated and i am sorry. also, im not thinking 100% due to some medication, i will try to sort out what i said. although uncommon, and im not saying this person would, some keepers buy them just to look cool, and under stress from work/school/family problems etc, unless you do something every day it is very easy to forget. arachnids, more so scorpions, are actually able to slow their metabolisms down. 2 crickets each with meal worms as well is actually pretty good, many adults can be very healthy only eating 4 or 5 a week. by near perfect, it isnt very hard to obtain conditions good enough for emps to be low on stress. scratch near perfect and please add high quality.

02/26/07  07:17pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area