Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Joefin   BallPython2   Joefin   Joefin   BallPython2   Joefin   BallPython2   Joefin   Repti-vixen07   BallPython2   Albo   ImTheDaddy   Dmetz  
 Member  Message

Joefin
View Profile

My 2 emperors that dont like eachother too much

these are my two other scrpions they my babys just too bad they dont get along cuz i was hoping to breed them their names are loco and loca

loco

loca

01/27/07  09:07pm

BallPython2
View Profile

Message To: Joefin   In reference to Message Id: 1150244

Did you sex these your self?....Can you tell me how to do it correctly?...If you didnít do it are you able to tell me how the person who did it for you told you how they did it? lol...Iím just curious because I have two emperors now and getting a third soon.

so Iíd like to sex them ...all I know is it has something to do with the pectines

01/27/07  11:57pm

Joefin
View Profile

Message To: BallPython2   In reference to Message Id: 1150400

no i didnt sex them myself i just got mine from the pet store i was plannin on sexin them but they dont seem to get along my male (loco) hes quite aggresive for an emperor and very territorial so doesnt help and i would just look it up on the net all i know its a hard process and could take a few hours but wat they do is have their lil dance while holding onto eachothers pinchers and the guy leads her to a flat area that he feels is good enough to do his thing and once he sperminates or watever he guides her over it and she pics it up and them breeding is easily mistakened for fighting

01/28/07  01:42am

Joefin
View Profile

Message To: Joefin   In reference to Message Id: 1150472

but dont go by what i say cuz im still learnin myself

01/28/07  06:40am

BallPython2
View Profile

Message To: Joefin   In reference to Message Id: 1150592

you told me about how the breeding process happens between two scorpions lol...I asked you how do you know which one is male and which is female?? lol..its all good though...

01/28/07  01:54pm

Joefin
View Profile

Message To: BallPython2   In reference to Message Id: 1150944

oh haha sry man actualy i just found out the female is slightly larger then the male and there pectile things or however it is spelt the males are longer and more triangled and has longer teeth on them and the females are shorter more oval with shorter teeth

01/28/07  08:20pm

BallPython2
View Profile

Message To: Joefin   In reference to Message Id: 1151447

thats what im lookin for lol....thanks joe lol

01/28/07  09:46pm

Joefin
View Profile

Message To: BallPython2   In reference to Message Id: 1151588

no prob dude so u get ur 3rd emp yet or wat or still pending on that one i finaly got mine to be able to live around eachother im pretty sure so ima start workin on breedin them

01/28/07  10:25pm

Repti-vixen07
View Profile

Message To: Joefin   In reference to Message Id: 1151644

are those posinous

01/29/07  03:56pm

BallPython2
View Profile

Message To: Repti-vixen07   In reference to Message Id: 1152362

no these are not venomous....venomous ones are : Red Thick-tail (Babycurus jacksoni), Desert Hairy Scorpion (Hardrurus arizonensis), African Bark Scorpion (Hottentotta trilineatus), Egyptian Death Stalker (Leirus quinquestritatus), Black-tipped?Thick-tail (Parabuthus leiosoma).

These are the more venomous ones. If you get any of these you should stay on your toes as far as touching them and hold them because some of these will earn you a trip to the hospital. some wonít but they will really be painful if stung.

Dmetz is good with scorpions and Tarantulas she can help you a little more than I can but these are basically the medical important.

01/29/07  07:32pm

Albo
View Profile

Message To: BallPython2   In reference to Message Id: 1152705

i was under the impresion all scorps were poisenous but some more than others also its poss to have alergies to even the weakest venoms

02/05/07  07:42am

ImTheDaddy
View Profile

Message To: Albo   In reference to Message Id: 1161380

Quote:

i was under the impresion all scorps were poisenous

All scorps are venomous. And yes it is possible to have a reaction to the ones who have low venom toxicity. Sometimes there is only one way to find out.(and you dont want to find out the hard way) Its the same really as if you are allergic to bee or wasp stings. You should always exercise caution when dealing with any invert that is venomous whether the venom be a low or high toxicity. I never hold any of my scorps or Tís unless absoloutly nesscary and then i always exercise caution.

02/05/07  12:40pm

Dmetz
View Profile

Message To: ImTheDaddy   In reference to Message Id: 1161567

Ditto what ITM said.
ALL scorpions are venomous. Some are more venomous than others, but yes ALL indeed possess venom.

02/05/07  06:31pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area